Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Getting to know you (1 Viewer)

ms.carterr

Hey guys, I wanted to take a moment to get to know some of you a little. What genres do you guys write? What do you like to read? Have a favorite book or author? Do you have any published works out there? I’d love to get to know you as writers so feel free to share whatever you’d like. Looking forward to connecting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dluuni

WF Veterans
I write mostly sweet, own voices(TG) romance, and currently self publish in ebook form under the pen name "Mercy Zephyr". I have two works in progress right now, and one steamy holiday romance novelette ebook for sale on mass markets that I will do backlist improvements on over the summer. My reading wanders, but right now I am focused in on my own genre.

My favorite book read in April was "Peter Darling", by Austin Chant. I'll have to get back to you in a month for my May favorite, of course. March was "The Calculating Stars", IIRC.

ms.carterr

I write mostly sweet, own voices(TG) romance, and currently self publish in ebook form under the pen name "Mercy Zephyr". I have two works in progress right now, and one steamy holiday romance novelette ebook for sale on mass markets that I will do backlist improvements on over the summer. My reading wanders, but right now I am focused in on my own genre.

My favorite book read in April was "Peter Darling", by Austin Chant. I'll have to get back to you in a month for my May favorite, of course. March was "The Calculating Stars", IIRC.

Thank you for sharing. Although I’d never attempt to write a romantic book (I stink at romance lol) I find the genre to be absolutely beautiful. With two works in progress I imagine you are staying super busy. I know how hectic one alone can be. Wishing you the very best with those titles

ms.carterr

Hi Ms, I listen to the voices in my head... Mostly Science Fiction. Have you tried 1984?

Welcome to WF
Good luck
BC

I find that the voices in our heads often give birth to the best stories and art. Always listen to them lol. Also, I’m a science fiction fanatic [emoji106]
I haven’t checked out 1984 yet but it’s on my list.

Nice to ‘meet’ you

bazz cargo

Retired Supervisor
i'm just here for the nudes chicks here always be sending to my inbox.
As much as I realise it is impolite to address another responder rather than the host of the thread, I must remind you that you have yet to reply to any of my many contributions to your nude pic collection, and I even oiled my body in most of them. That reminds me, I must shave my ass for the next set. You Sir, are a cad...

dale

lol. that actually only happened to me once. and it was funny because she was like this hardcore feminist that always
constantly slammed my views and argued with me in public. nut then she got rather drunk one night and wanted to
be friends with me. lol. and we did become friends after that. she was actually really cool. she was hot, too. lol

Plasticweld

I write non-fiction, humor, small town living. Kids, marriage, hobbies. I race motorcycles, track days with my car, ultra marathons. I write for the local paper on occasion, I go with the write what you know philosophy. I think I have over 40 short stories here on this site plus my blogs. The only paranormal stuff I have written about, is A Ghost Story and Terror in the New House. Both are humor pieces both are here on the site. I will check out your work on instagram.

Welcome to the forum...Bob

ms.carterr

I write non-fiction, humor, small town living. Kids, marriage, hobbies. I race motorcycles, track days with my car, ultra marathons. I write for the local paper on occasion, I go with the write what you know philosophy. I think I have over 40 short stories here on this site plus my blogs. The only paranormal stuff I have written about, is A Ghost Story and Terror in the New House. Both are humor pieces both are here on the site. I will check out your work on instagram.

Welcome to the forum...Bob

Motorcycles are awesome. I grew up hanging around a local drag strip on the weekends. I always loved watching the motorcycles and dragsters face off even though my ears hated it lol. I’ll definitely have to check out your work. Anyone that can incorporate humor into a paranormal piece is okay in my book [emoji106]

Nice to ‘meet’ you

dale

but for a serious answer to the status....i try to write literature, but it tends to always come out so dark that it gets classified as horror.
pretty much everything i write gets published by someone. but really hoping to score an agent with the novel i'm working on now. if this
one don't score an agent? i might just consider giving up writing altogether. i find the process too much of a personal torment to continue
it while not moving up the ladder.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hey guys, I wanted to take a moment to get to know some of you a little. What genres do you guys write? What do you like to read? Have a favorite book or author?

Hi ms and welcome

I mainly write poetry and creative nonfiction. As for fiction, I've written a book but it's still only first draft.

My pet hate as a reader is fantasy and scifi. I much prefer real life dramas such as romance, courtroom dramas, action or creative memoirs etc. I'll basically read anything however diverse.

Favorite authors: Judi Picolout, John Grisham and Fern Britton.
Favourite book
A Thousand Splendid Suns is a 2007 novel by Afghan-American author Khaled Hosseini. He also wrote the Kite Runner

Currently reading Not a Penny More Not a Penny Less by Jeffrey Archer

How about you?

ms.carterr

Hi ms and welcome

I mainly write poetry and creative nonfiction. As for fiction, I've written a book but it's still only first draft.

My pet hate as a reader is fantasy and scifi. I much prefer real life dramas such as romance, courtroom dramas, action or creative memoirs etc. I'll basically read anything however diverse.

Favorite authors: Judi Picolout, John Grisham and Fern Britton.
Favourite book
A Thousand Splendid Suns is a 2007 novel by Afghan-American author Khaled Hosseini. He also wrote the Kite Runner

Currently reading Not a Penny More Not a Penny Less by Jeffrey Archer

How about you?

I love poetry. It’s definitely one of my favorite forms of art. I’ve written a few things here and there but I’m far from a poet lol. I do enjoy others works though. Milk and honey is one of my favorites just because it’s so simple yet real. Plus Rupi Kaur seems like an amazing person. As far as books it’s really hard to pick although The Shack is pretty high on my list. Right now I’m not reading anything. I find while I’m writing It helps to keep my focus strictly on that. Once I’m finished with my WIP that’ll change.

Thanks for sharing. It’s nice hearing from other writers

Darkkin

WF Veterans
I am an admitted romance junkie, (come by it honestly), third generation. My mum got me hooked on Georgette Heyer in 5th grade. E. L. James is a demon plague on the genre. History, psychology, medicine, science, anthropology, archaeology, reference...I read voraciously. Poetry, I'm more inclined to the classics. Fiction, same thing classic authors...Patterson gives me hives. :moody: Fantasy and science fiction fiend. Yes, there is a difference in the genres. Picture books are a guilty pleasure. Graphic novels, also a treat that gets short shrift.

Writing, a fusion of what I read. Paranormal romance and nonsensical poetry.

- D.

Last edited:
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I read a pretty wide variety--comic books, picture books and children's fiction (Junie B. Jones!!), theology, Westerns, lyrical poetry, fantasy and science fiction... My favorite author of all time is G. K. Chesterton, and favorite book right now is probably The Man Who Was Thursday or Descent Into Hell.

I write a lot of poetry, and right now I'm working on a fiction project (supernatural horror), too.

ms.carterr

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I read a pretty wide variety--comic books, picture books and children's fiction (Junie B. Jones!!), theology, Westerns, lyrical poetry, fantasy and science fiction... My favorite author of all time is G. K. Chesterton, and favorite book right now is probably The Man Who Was Thursday or Descent Into Hell.

I write a lot of poetry, and right now I'm working on a fiction project (supernatural horror), too.

Your style sounds like it’s right up my alley. I write poetry as well although I’m not the best. I mainly use it to test out my creativity and have a little fun from time to time. Best of luck to you, hope all goes well with your current project.

JDBentz

I've written science fiction (space opera), horror, crime-thriller, and am trying my hand at YA right now. I love reading epic fantasy like Wheel of Time and crime-thriller/mystery thriller. I used to devour Star Wars novels but I find the current crop to be lacking in something, or perhaps I've just lost my interest in Star Wars novels. I occasionally enjoy a romance book here or there.

Users who are viewing this thread