Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Generic Intro (1 Viewer)

CodeRed

Hi everyone. I'm new - obviously - to this forum, and to the internet in general. I have wanted to be a writer since I was very young (now 32). These days though it's been mostly relegated to the 'hobby' category! I generally write short stories of the fantasy genre, with a few exceptions... I have had some poetry published (years ago now), but I have not actively sought to publish anything for a while. I look forward to being a part of this community.

jlstratton

Welcome Code Red

Welcome to the forum Code Red. Don't feel too down on yourself. I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm now 43! I do ok but my dream is to take my writing from a hobby to something where I can say "I'm an Author" even if I don't make a living at it. Hey, how many of us can say we make our full-time living as an author anyway? Best of luck to you. Post often as there seems to be some quality, caring folks here.
JL Stratton