Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

General writing. (1 Viewer)

Writer One

I am questioning my writing style. I find I cannot understand the subject and predicate in every sentence. I can't understand one subject and one predicate in all sentences only. I can understand after the first sentence which has a subject and a predicate fine, but after the first sentence, then the story. I am beginning to doubt my writing style, for I cannot understand any order in my writing after the first sentence. Either I am missing something or I should write what I feel is right for me, which is this thread.

I am a fanatic about words and placing them into the right order in the sentence, for that alone is good. But I see no order with every sentence have a subject and predicate, first sentence yes the rest including the paragraphs, no the story yes. I am also a nut when editing and in hopes I have the right writing description for editing/critiqing. That alone will help me see where I am missing something. Thank you for your patience's. Write One

eggo

Patron
[FONT=Calibri, serif]The first rule of writing is there are no rules. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, serif]Writing is a method of relaying thoughts and ideas and all the other stuff doesn't really matter. Then again, as long as people read it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, serif]Most rules or adherence to them is to make a piece get past the front gate.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, serif]Does a race car driver know auto mechanics? Does a musician know music theory?[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, serif]Some would argue that in order to be good, they must. But, I would say that some of any art must be innately known; cannot be taught. That part of writing that is innate becomes your style and if that is rudimentary than your writing is alas, doomed to be rudimentary.[/FONT]