Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Gabriel Garcia Marquez (1 Viewer)

Wilderness

Hey
I just started reading his book, "Love in the time of Cholera"
Has anybody here read it? What did you think?
I'm finding it abit hard to understand, but I've only just started.
Anyone?
Lani

strangedaze

He's the grandaddy of magic realism (or one of them), but I haven't had a chance to read anything he's written. Let us know how it turns out.

Rob

I have it (along with many of his books) but haven't read it yet. I've recently read Chronicle of a Death Foretold and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm currently reading Of Love and Other Demons and so far so good too. I've read and enjoyed many of his short stories. I rate him highly.

andreaypich

I've read Chronicle of a Death Foretold and "el coronel no tiene quien le escriba" (I don't know the title in English, something about a colonel no one writes to) I liked them both and I plan to read 100 years of solitude this summer.