Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

For those of us who don't know (1 Viewer)

T

TriCloudStar

WTF is NaNoWriMo? Okay, I got that it is short for National Novel Writing Month. But is it like a contest or something? I'm totally lost here. If someone could elucidate this for me I'd be much obliged.

T

TriCloudStar

What an incredibly nonsensical and yet oddly appealing idea! I can't help but find my mind already racing with plot and character conceptions. What better motivator than the realization that there is no purpose? A witty idea. I'm charmed and ready to sign up. I can't wait.

FredCQ777

I participated in this last year and it was pretty insane. Unfortunately, ran out of steam after about 2 weeks and 20,000 words. It was a lot of fun but it requires a lot of commitment. If you are serious abou it, you start feeling guilty if you don't make your daily quota. I think it's estimated at about 1,600 words a day. I was doing fine until the weekends rolled around :!:

I am sitting out this year! Anyone here going for it?

FredCQ777

Crazy_dude6662 said:
im doing it, juggling it with everything else school and so on

Good luck to you. Make sure you post your progress and check out my blog entry regarding Nano if you have a minute.