Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

FollyWood! (1 Viewer)

salvothasock

ya howdy doody all,

im thinking, since follywood is full of crapola, turning the art of film, where it once was, briefly, into a business where the big wigs are selling an image of coolness, a new flavor of the week. for your busy life, heres a fast film with quick punch lines and predictable plots. made that way so YOU, the viewer, feel smarter for figuring things out. no, i may not be right, but one thing is for sure, nothing is getting done in follywood. that is why i, andrew james ezekiel boyd, will do exactly the opposite of what everyone else is doing. i am going to make a beautiful film. a pinch of fantasy mixed in to a tattoo parlor, with some jokes, i dont know... basically, a film with heart. it doesnt matter if it makes sense or not. as long as it gets other filmmakers out there a reminder, this is not the way films of the new millenium should be. we are technologically advanced, a super human race, and all our films suck.

thank you

salvothasock

well, i have several pieces ready, and i wont submit them because im afraid of losing them. but i will say this

the way the films are set up is new and original i think, each thing that occurs, the actions and dialogue, are all in sequence so that by the end of the film, everything, from the tiniest detail to the largest acting scene, will all be connected. if you take away one of these things, the whole film will not work. it may not sound convincing, or you may think that this is how all films are made today, i know the difference. some of these films im working on, probably make it stop-motion, have basic down to earth and simple meanings, if you whittle away at most films, there are deep hidden meanings. and my films will show them, rather nakedly. to summarize, everything is connected to each other, thoughts images actions in life is all meant to go from one thing to the next. i have looked deep within myself and have pinpointed my greater truths, i have stopped watching films, i havent read any books, i have just worked and thought of my own voice. one of the films is about a tattoo shop, another is about the second coming of christ.