Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Flashes is looking for volunteers (1 Viewer)

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
Our Literary Magazine, Flashes, is looking for volunteers.
  • We have a small team of volunteers who help decide what poem, fiction or non-fiction has quality enough to be accepted for Flashes. This is a task that doesn't ask too much of your valuable time.
  • We are also looking for a volunteer to help us with the Flashes site. Preferably someone familiar with (running) a WordPress site. What we need is someone to upload the content (stories and poems.) Upload photos and other media.

If you wish to volunteer or want to know more before you decide, please contact me or PiP.
Thank you :)

Mr.Mingo

This is interesting to me.

I've been looking towards getting into some small publishing/editing work as my MA in English finishes, but I have no experience in it, unfortunately. This, however, looks like a lightweight opportunity. If you need a helping hand that people would be willing to show the ropes to, I'll be around. I do, however, come with a very strong ability to pick out and critically review poems and short works in a scholarly manner. Be that what it may. And I'm a field service engineer for transmission electron microscopes, meaning that if there's something tech related, I can figure it out awful quick.

In case, you hadn't garnered any other volunteers with a solid resume, I'll be floating around.

Lawless

volunteers who help decide what poem, fiction or non-fiction has quality enough to be accepted for Flashes
I didn't even know there were non-fictions poems. ;-)

Jokes aside, if you are short of people who'd help you decide whether or not a story or article is good enough, I can certainly give you a hand.

Please keep in mind I'm not a native English speaker, though.

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
@Mr.Mingo and @Lawless
Apologies for replying so late.
The request for help was done at a time where we had decided not to continue with Flashes if there would be no response within, say, 5 days.

We have been maintaining the entire magazine with only two, plus a small team of volunteers making decisions on publications. It is with pain in our hearts that we say goodbye to Flashes.

Thank you for offering your help.