Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Flash-Friday (05/21/2021) (1 Viewer)

Irwin

I believe this is the correct section for a flash fiction writing challenge that is issued by an ordinary non-elite member. If not, my bad.

What I am proposing is a weekly writing challenge of the flash-fiction nature for writing practice and for receiving input from others so we can improve our skills. To avoid biases, I'm basing the writing prompt on the Friday phrase of the day from https://www.gingersoftware.com/content/phrase-of-the-day/ Word count should be 300-600 words, which is one or two pages in a novel. All genres are welcome.

So, without further delay, today's Flash-Friday writing prompt is.... Monkey Business!

On your mark, get set, WRITE! :)

Deadline is next Friday. Post your entries in this thread.

Last edited:

Irwin

I should have waited to start this challenge. I'm on vacation right now and haven't had any time to write, but I've been thinking about it! I'll be back home on Tuesday and I'll write something on Wednesday or Thursday.

If anyone else is participating, please post your stuff. I'll be glad to read it and offer input.

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
I should have waited to start this challenge. I'm on vacation right now and haven't had any time to write, but I've been thinking about it! I'll be back home on Tuesday and I'll write something on Wednesday or Thursday.

If anyone else is participating, please post your stuff. I'll be glad to read it and offer input.
No excuse! LOL I wrote a poem every stinkin' day while I was on vacation!

Irwin

No excuse! LOL I wrote a poem every stinkin' day while I was on vacation!
Sounds like a fun vacation. :)

I need to get into my literary voice frame of mind to write, which takes a bit of work to get into. But I'll be back home tomorrow. I've resolved to be more dedicated to writing when I get back home instead of frittering away so much time on inconsequential, trivial activities that aren't even any fun. I'm all for meaningless activities as long as they're fun. As Plato once said, "Life should be lived as play." Of course, he was a trust-fund baby, so earning a living wasn't one of his concerns.