Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Flannery O'Connor (1 Viewer)

Buddy Glass

She's one of the best short story writers of the 20th century, in my opinion. I absolutely love her, especially "Everything that Rises Must Converge". I don't find, as many do, her characters to be grotesques. On the contrary, I think that her strength is the depth she invests in her characters and in their flaws and moral/spritual qualms. There's something of the Kierkegaardian in her stories, too, sometimes, what with her being very religious and all.