Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Film script! Need help! DESPERATELY! Calling all film writers! (1 Viewer)

Mr. Ben

Hi, I'm Mr. Ben Derrick, a young director of a small amateur production group. I am currently shooting a feature love movie and I have written most of the script, sort of layed the story out...however I am very stuck on where to take the story from where I have it currently to finish it off. I need a younge enthusiastic writer who can help me finish this story off. If you are interested in helping me with this please e-mail me or leave a post on here (e-mail: [email protected]) Thank you.

Also if you are interested in that I have a theme an idea for a film I'd love to shoot next year. I also need a writer to write that, so if you're interested again just e-mail me or post on here.

Thanks in advance.

Mr. Ben Derrick

Director of Studio 8 Productions.

www.studio8.tk

mammamaia

be sure to have a contract in place, before doing any work, folks!

the uk must have some equivalent of the wga... if so, you can find info there, on what to expect for work of this kind... and sample collaboration or work-for-hire contracts...

love and hugs, maia

cellardoor

dude, maia, you suck
i mean, that is such a lame thing to say.
unbelievable.
if i manage to help this guy, i won't be expecting any kind of payment at all, that's just not cool

mammamaia

dude, maia, you suck
unbelievable.
if i manage to help this guy, i won't be expecting any kind of payment at all, that's just not cool

and you're either very young, or just plain disgustingly and obscenely rude!... what the bleep did i say that you consider is 'lame'?... no one should ever go into a co-writing situation without a contract in place... and this guy seems to be asking for a co-writer, not just 'help'...

Raging_Hopeful

I think cellar was merely trying to point out that there are some writers who collaborate and write for the creative experience rather than the monetary gain. Although you imparted some good advice Maia (if he is indeed looking for a co-writer) I can also understand collaborating for collaborates sake. Anyways, just my two cents. :)

mammamaia

i've nothing against collaborating just for the experience, but this guy is actually producing films, which puts it into the professional category, and credits are both key and vital in any writer's career... to write something for/with someone else, without a contract and under those circumstances, is just plain foolish...

what i do have something against, is any person who will use bad language and slam someone who's merely being helpful, offering good basic advice to those who don't know the business end of the film industry and thus can easily be taken advantage of...

good manners seem to be in short supply here... sad!

Mr. Ben

Hey!

Appologies for not checking back here recently but I've been very busy. I hope the arguing has cooled down, it's fine trust me, I will put the writer's name in the credit etc. But as I said the job is none paying which was right cellardoor. I have sent you a message cellardoor, I hope I get to work with you.
Thank you.

Mr. Ben Derrick
Director of Studio 8 Productions.

Aztecsfinest

I'll gladly help if you are in need commrade!

dude, maia, you suck
unbelievable.

You don't have to be mean about it. She was only trying to help, things don't always work out for people y'know. Be prepared for the worst I always say.

Anyway as I was saying. Send me the script and I can help with whatever you need. Where I am from I am highly acclaimed for my imagination. If that is what you need you can E-mail me (if I know how to work it)

http://[email protected]