Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Filling Holes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikerpoet

#27 Filling Holes

Holes to fill when laughter stops, into rivers, tributary’s flow.
Banks widen, volume rushing land to sea. Damn, flood, swell, lake.
Creativity’s stream a part of me, breathing eating, one dream, end goal,
sense of self, purpose, my dilemma when comedy ceased to be.

They’d say, Real world joining. Day job searching. Crafting hours of material is not?
Resume, interviews, lack of diploma or business reviews. Internal fortitude.
Easy to say, harder to practice, ignoring these self-deprecating thoughts.
Can’t you see my vision? Sturdy legs carry this body of work. Salmon upriver to nest.

One man who longed to be John Gotti, welcomed me, arm out stretched, fingers crossed.
Sell digital media for my company, mega bites of bits, silk screened, packaged, drop shipped.
Not talking Hendrix hits, abstracts of scientific research, business applications.
Evolution ate dinosaurs. Streaming internet, a spider’s web of terra bites consumed CDs

Commuting, one worker bee messaged me. His license plate of vanity read,
stay resilient. Selling knack, I have. Vision, never lacked. Fulfillment’s quench, I thirst.
Scratch the itch, middle of my back, down laughter poured, sweet nectar.
Poetry? Possibilities. Infancy, first crawl to walk, arms outstretched, fingers crossed.

TuesdayEve

Friends of WF
Dear H,
I’m not one who critiques often, theres others more
capable...but I always like your poems, they’re earthy,
emotional, deep, and spiritual. Keep writing.

hikerpoet

Thank you Eve. This challenge has been wonderful. Because of work, I haven’t had as much time to tear down and rebuild so I always post hoping that my thoughts, images and rhythms were complete enough to be conveyed. What an inspiring experience. Very spiritual.

Status
Not open for further replies.