Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Feeling Lost? Check Out 8 Useful Links to Navigate WF (2 Viewers)

clark

Met3 Member
Staff member
Chief Mentor
Thank you, Mark Twain't. (Love your alias.) I couldn't decide if "conversation" was private or public. And I sure want to be sure of that!
Oh yeah! We wouldn't want all that steamy text-sex getting out on the public boards . . . . . .

• Haha
Reactions: PiP

clark

Met3 Member
Staff member
Chief Mentor
No bother at all! Take a look at this thread

https://www.writingforums.com/threads/quick-awards-guide.193897/

Darren gives a walkthrough of the awards. The thread walks you through adding awards. You can choose which 14 awards you want to show in the posts area.

When you click awards in your profile

https://www.writingforums.com/members/pamelyn-casto.60474/#profile-awards

you can see all your awards. If you have multiple awards in a category you can click on the number and it will list all the awards in the category.

let me know if you have any other questions :)
I'm trying to figure that out too. I've searched and search but just can't find the answer. Sorry. So I turn to you.

FYI, I had no Mod options there. I don't know if that was an intended restriction or not.
Aha! The Gods themselves, those eyeball-rolling mad geniuses who actually understand this cluster-fuck (temporary) . . .nay! . . . .who brought it leaping fully armed (but without its glasses and hearing aids) from the forehead of bewildered Zeus (just passing by on his way to the bar) . . .even THEY are (temporarily) confused by some of the hedgewalls erected as (temporary) challenges to those frustrated poets just trying to weave thru the labyrinth, post, and join Zeus at the bar. Solutions must be found soon: it is quite unnerving, watching matchu writhing on his back, drumming his heels on the floor, his lashing head spraying salty tears of frustration. Quite unnerving . . . . . .

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
Aha! The Gods themselves, those eyeball-rolling mad geniuses who actually understand this cluster-fuck (temporary) . . .nay! . . . .who brought it leaping fully armed (but without its glasses and hearing aids) from the forehead of bewildered Zeus (just passing by on his way to the bar) . . .even THEY are (temporarily) confused by some of the hedgewalls erected as (temporary) challenges to those frustrated poets just trying to weave thru the labyrinth, post, and join Zeus at the bar. Solutions must be found soon: it is quite unnerving, watching matchu writhing on his back, drumming his heels on the floor, his lashing head spraying salty tears of frustration. Quite unnerving . . . . . .
Possibly the most beautiful post ever set upon the backroads of Writing Forums. :)

Pamelyn Casto

WF Veterans
Clark said: Oh yeah! We wouldn't want all that steamy text-sex getting out on the public boards . . . . . .

One time, when I was a new admin for a writer's group, I sent a message I thought was private to my boss admin. I said something to the effect of "so, should I take them out for not participating?" Well that message went public and hundreds of people were offended. I was called all sorts of names, including Hitler, for my poor choice of words. Had I said "should I unsubscribe them?" all would have been well. After that experience I like to make sure I know what's going public and what's going private. "Steamy text-sex" with me ain't likely gonna happen.:-D

Reactions: PiP

clark

Met3 Member
Staff member
Chief Mentor
Since the elegance of your prose is a given, Pamelyn, I thought the suggestion of prurience would be perceived immediately with the ludicrous humour intended. If I offended, I apologize most abjectly.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Clark said: Oh yeah! We wouldn't want all that steamy text-sex getting out on the public boards . . . . . .

One time, when I was a new admin for a writer's group, I sent a message I thought was private to my boss admin. I said something to the effect of "so, should I take them out for not participating?" Well that message went public and hundreds of people were offended. I was called all sorts of names, including Hitler, for my poor choice of words. Had I said "should I unsubscribe them?" all would have been well. After that experience I like to make sure I know what's going public and what's going private. "Steamy text-sex" with me ain't likely gonna happen.:-D
If I had to judge them by their response, I'd say it was the perfect turn of phrase.

Pamelyn Casto

WF Veterans
Since the elegance of your prose is a given, Pamelyn, I thought the suggestion of prurience would be perceived immediately with the ludicrous humour intended. If I offended, I apologize most abjectly.
I missed this response post, Clark! I recognized and truly love your humor. (Or "humour," if you Canadianly insist.:-D) wasn't offended at all! (Was just tellin' how I know what can happen when a private message goes public.) So now I ask you to forgive me for overlooking this note! Your humor is delightful. More please, always. (This "conversation thing" still puzzles me . . . )