Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Feeling Lost? Check Out 8 Useful Links to Navigate WF (1 Viewer)

Techadm

Technical Systems Consultant
I don't seem to be able to edit older posts. Is that because I can only edit posts written on the new site? I wanted to change 'currier' to 'courier' but couldn't. I do hope that ability hasn't been removed.

edit: I can edit here but not in the workshop area.

I just discovered I'm unable to edit older posts as well. I wanted to bold a reply I made yesterday in my Opening Line Prompts thread and was unable to do so. I made a reply today and the edit option appears, so maybe it is a setting for x amount of time after a post is made?

Overall though, really like the new software and the design. Nice and fresh with hints of the WF of the past. Great job!

Please check and again and let me know if you are still unable to edit your posts.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
On the front page, right sidebar under "Navigation" the "Forums" and "Blogs" links there didn't work for me. Might need to check them. "Flashes" worked fine.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Just get that table as it was working before. Scanning 25 - 30 words per line is just too much. In forum comments, I can handle it, but when presenting my work, it throws me right out.

Techadm

Technical Systems Consultant
There should be table code already in the editor. In the row with the smilies and attachments.

TheMightyAz

Mentor

Got it to shrink but not center.
Yeah, the other format allowed you to have one grid, any width you liked and place it in the centre. If that could be reintroduced, it'd be great. When my work is spread too wide, I don't 'feel' it in the same way and it hurts my eyes to scan longer lines of text.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Unfortunately, AZ we can't have everything. XF has far more than VB in some areas and in others, we need to make allowances and accept what it is. This is not a custom-built website.

Mark Twain't

Staff member
Board Moderator
Unfortunately, AZ we can't have everything. XF has far more than VB in some areas and in others, we need to make allowances and accept what it is. This is not a custom-built website.
Bit like moving house. Almost impossible to find one that's ideal in every way unless you build it yourelf and even then, it won't be perfect for every family member.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Bit like moving house. Almost impossible to find one that's ideal in every way unless you build it yourelf and even then, it won't be perfect for every family member.

Exactly.

Nearly every knob, bell or whistle we've added. Many of which cost extra.

...Oh, on XF we had that...can we have it, yes... it costs XX, ah... okay. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

WE had our house built in Portugal and even now we say, oh I wish we'd have put a door here or a window there... and why didn't we have these windows on tilt and turn, or we've not got enough sockets in the kitchen ... and the list goes on :)

Last edited:

Phil Istine

WF Veterans
The furniture doesn't fit.: saw the sofa in half.
One of my Napo poems was in a centred grid. I looked and see it's been aligned left retroactively. The text outside the grid stayed the same.
So I moved the text to fit the grid.
Sorted!

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
PiP is right. Many of the things that Vb had built-in, we had to purchase extra for in Xenforo. Others, no. So yeah, sometimes we saw the sofa in half and get used to it. But on the whole, we got the best of it all. And Techadmn has worked tirelessly to make it all work for us and continues to do so.

Reactions: PiP

ritudimrinautiyal

Seeing eight trophies - each one had a message attached - along the lines of ‘somebody likes you’ or ‘coming back for more’ or ‘seriously amazing’ or ‘writer balls’ I was set to re-start life in the British Virgin Antarctic Territorities with my new reader - but my reader was a bott-reader I discovered by lunchtime, the WF first post bott/10 posts/1st ‘like’ bott [with her trophies]. I was alone as always have been alone plus my inflatables/remain crushed this one day later. Hope I communicated right..see you
I swear Matchu, I exactly felt like that and only you understood. Well who doesn't want to live in the dream world where you win trophies for doing things you are hardly aware of.

• Haha
Reactions: PiP

Matchu

I swear Matchu, I exactly felt like that and only you understood. Well who doesn't want to live in the dream world where you win trophies for doing things you are hardly aware of.
Dear Ritu - I have been so worried for your welfare - what with the ‘world’ and the ‘news’...yes, I felt a complete jerk smiling at myself into my telephone. Enough for now I am sulking until Saturday.