Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Fave Canlit Authors (1 Viewer)

strangedaze

Being the patriotic sonuvabitch that I am, I've decided to pump you all for canlit praise.

My favorite Canadian writers:

Douglas Coupland:

Generation X, Microserfs, Hey, Nostradamus! and so on.

Mordecai Richler:

Barney's Version, The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz, Solomon Gursky Was Here, etc.

Margaret Laurence:

The Diviners, Stone Angel, etc.

Margaret Atwood:

Oryx and Crake, The Circle Game, Lady Oracle, Handmaid's Tale, etc.

Laurence Garber:

Tales from the Quarter

EmuJenkins

Yes! Another Can Lit nut!
Douglas Coupland is my #1 author, by far. I also like Brian Doyle, though he writes for children. Last summer, I started collecting books in the New Canadian Library, which I got mostly from used bookstores. I now have over 100, and many to read. Some other authors and books...

Richler: Oh Canada! Oh Quebec! (I'm interested in the Quebec seperation issue so this was great for me)

Leacock: Arcadian Adventures with the Idle Rich

Coupland: anything, but mostly Life After God

Roberts (Charles G. D)- In the Heart of the Ancient Wood (may be for children, but offers some great descriptions of New Brunswick)

Atwood: Procedures to the Underground (or something like that: it's poetry)

Nowlan, Alden: Any of the shorter poems

Cohen, Leonard: An Exchange of Gifts (All of his poems and songs in one book. A gem.)

I can't think of any more, but I'm sure I eventually will. I love CanLit though...