Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Family Jokes your family or friends play on your for being a writer (1 Viewer)

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
Family Jokes your family or friends play on you for being a writer

I have some more jokes. Maybe I will only recall two more. Share your jokes played by family members on your for being a writer in any way such as neglecting duties and so forth.

Mine would be: "the Neverending story!"

I watched this movie as a kid. It is always being uttered repeatedly by my brother who thinks it is amusing. I must have watched it when I was less than ten years old. Who cannot forget the flying dog. The statues, the exotic landscapes and the dream of a child in a library setting were part of the scenes that took place in the movie.

Last edited:

druid12000

My sister got me a T-shirt with the following written on it:

'Careful, or you'll end up in my novel'.

I still have it, though I don't wear it much anymore.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
It's my oldest brother who says this to me who saw the movie when he was less than 10. There is a 2 year difference.

Another thing he says is, " when are you finishing that novel! "

That quote comes from his favorite show called family guy. The dog in the show talks like a human and aspires to be a writer.

Oh, I know it hurts now Brian, but look at the bright side, you have some new material for that novel you've been writing. You know, the...the novel you've been working on. You know, the...the one, uh, you been working on for three years. You know, the... the novel. Come on, let's go drink until we can't feel feelings anymore.

There are more Brian quotes that I can count. He never finished the novel in the storyline. He also passes away as a talking dog in the show. It makes for a self-deprecating joke.

He ( me) won't likely finish that novel is the first thought in my mind when I hear it.

How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice little story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protagonist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off
Stewie