Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Fahrenheit 451 (1 Viewer)

H

Hanboka

I have just read Fahrenheit 451 of Ray Bradbury recently. I am strongly impressed by his professional writing skill and style. I admire his masterpiece. But I only like his style. I don't really like the content of the book. Share with me your opinions about the book. Thanx

Heh, the allegory was the point of it! I love F451--pardon, I can't spell it. Bradbury's style is amazing. I like books about books too, so this one was perfect. I havn't seen the movie--I'd think a movie wouldn't do it justice.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
It's been awhile since I read this but I remember being somewhat impressed with it in spite of myself.

While I agree that the message was really right out there in your face, there was something about the dogged determination of the characters to carry on with the book-burning and introverted behavior that has stuck with me.

I saw a lot of honesty in it and it has probably influenced my vision of the future in my stories to some extent. Mostly in not being afraid to push the logic of "Where will we be in ___ years?"

quarterscot

It struck me as a book which ought to have been great and somehow wasn't. It just never really took off. Maybe the style was the problem for me - Bradbury never was the best writer in the world.

The movie was even worst, but that was more because of the hilariously awful costumes.

R

RobH

I can't remember the last time I read Fahrenheit 451 but I do love Ray Bradbury. "The Martian Chronicles" is at the top of my favorite 'short story collection' book list.

B

bluromantic

blademasterzzz said:
I like that they made it into a movie. :p

But it was such a horrible movie! Well, anyway, I thought Farenheit 451 was very haunting. Books being burned, not saved? A shiver runs down my spine instinctively.