Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Exquisite Blown Glass by Firemajic (1 Viewer)

TKent

Retired Chief Media Manager
Hey everyone,

I happen to be the happy owner of 2 incredible pieces of Firemagic's blown glass pieces and I just had to share them with you!! They are so amazing. Pictures don't do them justice but better than nothing:

This one is going to look so good in our Asheville house (if it EVER gets done):

IMG_9559-e1432681708682.jpg

And this one will stay here in Atlanta:

IMG_9563-e1432681832534.jpg

IMG_9569-e1432681806803.jpg

Raleigh

That look really cool. If someone would to start blowing glass, how good would it take to be able to make something like this? How did you get into something like this?

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Thank you TK! You did a fabulous job photographing these pieces!
Plasticweld.. Thank you! The detail work is my favorite part... I think...

Tjj... The blue flowers are "Forget-me-not's"... They have silver fuming to give them an iridescent finish.. This was made just for TK... I wanted to make sure she would never forget me..lol..

IMan... Thank you... glass is my passion..

Greimour... Lol... When I first started playing with fire.. I made a lot of "snails" ..

PiP.. Thank you.. I am a glass addict ... lol...

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
That look really cool. If someone would to start blowing glass, how good would it take to be able to make something like this? How did you get into something like this?

Raleigh... I am not going to lie... Glass Art takes a lot of discipline... BUT.. I have never had a lesson.. I have been a "Hot Head" for 6 years.. You can watch some really cool youtube videos on glass blowing.. Thanks..

jenthepen

Staff member
Mentor
I've often wondered about your work with glass, Jul but I always imagined coloured vases and paper-weights. I never dreamed you were making anything as detailed and artistic as these pieces. They are stunning. You are so clever!

jen

LeeC

WF Veterans
Wow Firemajic, I'm blown away (no pun intended).

I've seen and watched some glassblower's work both in Europe and the States, but their creations were, like Jen mentioned, in the decorative arts realm. Then in 2013 the wife drug me down to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts to see the Chihuly Exhibit "Through the Looking Glass" and I was amazed by the fine arts realm of such work.

From the images TK put up, it looks like your work is on a par :)

And thank you TK.

am_hammy

WF Veterans
Lovely pieces! Thanks for sharing these TK!

I love glass stuff. Julia, please make a thread and post your wonderful things, or let us post them for you =p

musichal

WF Veterans
Those look gorgeous, but I can't help wondering about the size. Nothing in the images to show scale, so... approximate dimensions? (I'm not criticizing the pictures; image quality, background and lighting are superb to my inexperienced eye.)

Sonata

As has been said by others - WOW!

Those pieces are so exquisitely beautiful they seem unreal.

I would so much love to have such beauty adorning my home.

Last edited:

Raleigh

I just watched a few videos about glass blowing, and that stuff is really cool. My jaw was dropped halfway through the video, it's really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread