Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Excellent Sci-fi (1 Viewer)

Pendulum

I just finished reading Ender's Game and I must say that it is an amazing book. It is by Orso Scott Card, of whom I have read a number of novels, but the " Ender" series is by far the best. I would reccomend this novel to any fan of sci-fi who has not already read it. There are two other ones in the series, Ender's Shadow and Speaker for the Dead, they look to be excellent reads. Well, I better go get started.

Lily

It's actually Orson Scott Card, but yes, it's a great book. If you liked that, go read Speaker for the Dead. It's a sequel, but it could also work as a stand-alone. I actually thought that was better than EG. But anyway, they're both quite excellent. Also go to his website, www.hatrack.com. They have an entire RPG forum dedicated to the Battle School :)

Wow, thanks for the link Lily, and yes, Orson Scott Card is actually pretty good. Enchantment is a step back from sci-fi and more into the realm of fantasy, but I thought the reading was fun (I guess I'm a romantic fool). I definitely recommend Speaker for the Dead, but I wouldn't really recommend Xenocide and I would recommend Children of the Mind even less. Although they have interesting philosophical points, they aren't really novel and the plot is pushed beyond its limit to endure.

Oh! And I forgot to mention, you might want to check out some of his short stories. I actually found Unaccopmanied Sonata to be a beautiful piece.