Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

'Ello. Want an autograph from a nobody? (1 Viewer)

S

smoke_them_owls

Wow, this is odd. I'm having trouble introducing myself to a bunch of people I've never met before.

No, but I really am. So, I suppose I should start with my name, or something to that extent.

I'm from Illinois, the state whose nickname should be the 'The S is Silent State' instead of that painfully boring 'Prarie State' or 'Land of Lincoln' or whatever it is nowadays. And the Land of Lincoln bit doesn't make much sense. Wasn't he born in Kentucky? Why should Illinois take that away from Kentucky? But, that's beside the point.

I've been writing, on and off, for a good part of my life. Which isn't really saying much, I suppose, seeing as how I'm only barely into my teenage years.

I write mostly little things. Little poems, little stories, you know that whole little bit. I really want to start on a book that I've been cooking up in my homey little brain for about three months now, however I have neither the determination nor the focus to start.

Before I go on and begin to tell you my life story, which would bore you all (like this post probably has), I will bid you adieu, and leave you with this--

If you pamper a cow, do you get spoiled milk?

Labyrinth

Hi. I'm the same boat as you currently, and really I've been wanting to write a novel since school has gotten out. I'm starting tonight. I'm also in my teenage years- 15.

So what kind of genres do you write?

S

smoke_them_owls

Labryinth--
Genres... Hmm. I've written humor, some fantasy, some not-so-depressing depressing stories ( I believe the word is angst, or something like that, but it's more of a mock-angst. Parody, perhaps?)

I try my hardest to go all around the board.
Which isn't really an answer to the question, so I apologize.

Jack_Carter--
Thanks!