Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

'Ello All! (1 Viewer)

Just Me

i joined cus i likes to rite gud sentanses

To the literate half (if that) of the world, the name's Michelle and, if you'll take a quick glance at the timestamp on this post, you'll notice I'm a bit of an insomniac. One giant mug of hot chocolate and a cookie have failed to put me to sleep and, having finished my latest book earlier today (Chuck Palahniuk's Survivor, a re-read) I found myself with nothing to do. After some failed attempts at writing, I turned to my good 'ol pal, Google, for something to do and stumbled across this website.

Now, I'm sure you're all wondering why I felt compelled to bore you with the mundane (or not...perhaps I've filled someone's time with something of minute interest). The truth is that everyone has signed off and gone to sleep or is up writing a paper and unable to speakm so I've had to resort to talking to myself, only when you're posting online, it's less of a psychiatric issue and more of social communication.

If I've not scared or bored you away, I'm 17 and I hail from a suburb of New York City (for a city that never sleeps, I sure am bored right now). I've been writing for a few years now, mostly short prose, but a little bit of poetry here and there and, as of November, novels (well, a novel...or a meaningless string of 85,000 words punched into my computer at high speeds trying to make daily quotas).

With much distraction and fidgetting,
Michelle