Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Elipse in Stand MS Format (1 Viewer)

EternalGreen

I'm told to type out an ellipse as ". . ." not "..." for publishing. I'm not sure, however, if a space belongs before the eclipse or after it, or not at all.

"The sentence trailed on. . ." [example 1]

"The sentence trailed on . . . " [example 2]

Phil Istine

WF Veterans
I usually leave a space before the first dot, and I think I leave one after the last one but probably haven't always. In between, I leave no spaces between dots. I'm not saying I do it right - it's just the way I do it. If a publisher were to tell me different, I would accommodate that.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
If you are going the traditional route via an agent and a publisher, they'll give you input on formatting.
On the other hand, if you are self publishing, just keep your elipse etc. format consistent.