Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Eggnog (1 Viewer)

earthman buck

Being an alumnus of "The Lazy Bitch Culinary Academy," supper options can generally be grouped into two categories: Campbell's soup and other shit. Being a Tuesday, today was one of many many other shit nights.

I checked the freezer, but we were all out of chicken strips and fries. That left me no option other than hot dogs. I opened the fridge to check if we actually had any weiners in stock. I rummaged through various meats, finding nothing. Then, buried behind a package containing what I can only assume to be turkey breast, I spotted the corner of a ziploc bag. Thinking it to be weiners, I pulled it out. It turned out to be a lonesome, very moldy sausage.

I shoved it back under the unspoiled meats and backed away in disgust. My face contorted, I let out a Napoleon-Dynamite-esque "Gawd!!"

My freshly-soiled eyes slowly traveled up a shelf and rested on an unfamiliar green and beige milk-type carton. I read the letters near the top: "Lait de poule."

'Lait de poule?' What the fuck is that? Like, 'milk of chicken?' What kind of all-natural shit is mom into n-- Wait! Could it....could it BE?! It IS!!!!!

Before I could stop it, I let out a high-pitched squeal of glee. This prompted my frightened brother in the other room to shout "What? What is it?"

All I could get out was "Nog!!! Sweet, sweet nog!!!!"

My first eggnog glass of this year's holiday season sits beside me now. I have refrained from drinking it this long simply so I can share the experience with all of you. Here it goes now:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That's the shit. Baby Jesus died for eggnog, and I'm fucking glad.

WrittenEscape

*laughs head off* That was hilarious. And still well-written.

Funny, I'm drinking my first glass of the season right now too!

Users who are viewing this thread