Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

East of the Lower (1 Viewer)

Forger5992

Brisk the dawn thereafter a storm
A Manhattan, winter morn.
I stride the streets under scaffold With ease, I am eerily warm...
Consumed entirely by novelty,
Nothing but my steps the norm.
I pass the ships who've entered gothom.
The east side, is from where I am reborn.
(Breathing in)
The freshest of breaths I breath
inside the euphoria raged in me.
Holding a piece of my soul I'd never before grasped,
On cobbled stone, I found my home
Amidst the past.

By Me

2020Syd2020

Hello,

I like the scene, I like the way in which the reader is invited into the speaker’s journey to feel and see what they do. It makes the piece an immediate experience.

For me, I would again look at the way this piece is structured because it feels to me like you’re missing a flow from line to line, it’s almost missing a lubricant to ease me from scene to scene. I hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Syd

Annie. Marie

Lovely imagery.
L10 breathe*? I think instead of the parenthsis "breathing in" you could simple say "a deep inhale". I also like the subtle rhyming in the first stanza, I feel like you should keep the pattern within the second towards the end.
Keep writing, good job!

-Annie