Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

dune (1 Viewer)

penfeind

i am in the mood for an almighty rant but first i want to know your oppinions have you read the scifi clasic dune? do you think the new series by K.J. anderson and brian herbert (henceforth pincky and the brian) have killed the orijanals(i dont know how to spell that but im sure you know what i mean )

S

SaffronSong

I love the original and the two books that immediately follow it, but I don't care for the rest. I don't think the new writers killed it; it was already on its way down when old Frank Herbert finished off God Emperor of Dune. It feels as if they're lacking in substance. Still, Dune holds a special place on my bookshelf and I wouldn't have it any other way. Bad continuations or no.

Rob

penfeind said:
i am in the mood for an almighty rant but first i want to know your oppinions have you read the scifi clasic dune? do you think the new series by K.J. anderson and brian herbert (henceforth pincky and the brian) have killed the orijanals(i dont know how to spell that but im sure you know what i mean )
No, you can't kill the originals, they stand in their own right as classics. The newer books are a little different, and some like them some don't. I'm glad they were written.