Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

drug addiction,homeless, and abandonment. (1 Viewer)

Cheynekalani

Hey guys i am new here and i am currently in the process of writing a non-fiction book about my struggle over coming drug addiction, abandonment and being homeless and trying to survive on the streets. I am really new at writing. this is my first book. i really dont know where to start. one tip i got from someone is to forget about writing perfectly at first and just write. that has been working great every day i write for at least an hour i write my thoughs and feelings and it just pours out onto the paper well th computer.lol. but anyways im here to get advice from anyone who has written before or anyone who who knows a lot about writing. feel free to leave a message. Thanks so much and i hope to hear from ya :)

JohnN

I would start off by reading a bit of non fiction to get some idea on how it should flow. Then I highly recommend this book.

After that just write, as you friend said. Just write.

Cheynekalani

Thanks so much for the pointer john :) Have you written anything? I am going to get the book it looks like it will be a big help:) Once again thanks :)

JohnN

No I haven't written anything thats been published in print. I am still climbing the greasy poll. Its a great book though, i recommend it highly.