Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Down the Rabbit Hole (1 Viewer)

Hey all,

Just figured I'd throw my hat into this wonderful ring. My name is Xavier Gonzalez, and I'm new to the writing world. Although I'm 118K words into my first novel (that I'd love to publish eventually), I really haven't reached out to anyone in this process. As such, I'm just looking to meet people and expand my knowledge and skillsets for this potentially noble, potentially formidable adventure.

Best,
Xavier Gonzalez

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
Welcome! :)

Feel free to drop excerpts into the Fiction Workshop. Most of us who have written novels can testify that there are generally things to work out from the first draft as you move forward toward a polished Opus #1. Mentors and other experienced writers here will be happy to point you in the right directions. I only wish I'd found this place while I was working on my first. I had to figure out everything the hard way ... all by myself.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Welcome aboard. You've come to exactly the right place at exactly the right time. I'm looking forward to reading a snippet from your novel.

druid12000

Welcome aboard!

Happy you decided to join us, we've been awaiting your arrival and have fresh baked cookies! :cookie:

*...huh? No cookies? Well, we have to have something for the newbie. Check the cupboards for God sake!...Crackers? Do we at least have cheese to go with them? Gah! Stale Saltines?!*

Sooooo, make yourself at home...and have a cracker :icon_cheesygrin: