Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Don't Use Wattpad (1 Viewer)

Turnbull

Hey, I don't know how many of you know know this, but I wanted to mention it just in case -- and I think I'm using the right forums. Wattpad isn't really safe to use. I posted a story on it, and unfortunately it, and tons of others on Wattpad, were copied over to this other website called novelhd. I'm pretty sure the latter site is just a pirate site and has no real affiliation with Wattpad, but Wattpad doesn't seem to has done anything about this. I uploaded a chapter basically explaining why I wasn't going to post on Wattpad anymore, and not only did the copybots automatically copy this chapter onto novelhd, any time I said the word "Wattpad" they changed it to "novelhd." Fortunately that particular story I was just posting for fun, but it's frustrating to see your work get pirated. I've also heard of the website Tapas also getting pirated, but I don't know how many people use that.

I don't know if anyone else on here uses Wattpad, but just in case, that's a thing.

LadySilence

I used Wattpad,
but I abandoned it.
Too many duplicate profiles, which rate themselves.
If you do not enter the sympathies of some groups, which now dominate Wattpad, you can not do anything.
I speak for the reality of my country.

Turnbull

I used Wattpad,
but I abandoned it.
Too many duplicate profiles, which rate themselves.
If you do not enter the sympathies of some groups, which now dominate Wattpad, you can not do anything.
I speak for the reality of my country.
I haven't been on the site long enough to confirm or deny stuff like that, but I believe you. Even when my story was posted, it was a nightmare actually getting the search results to show it.

robertn51

Friends of WF
"novelhd.com" is being complained about all over the place. (Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Change.ORG(wha...?), Wattpad)

Unfortunately the ICANN record for "novelhd.com" is protected and you can't see the owner or the host using the domain name.

However you can get some help using the IP address (172.67.223.123) instead.

Again, though, another wall. That is CloudFlare, a CDN (content delivery network) and there's no public way to reach deeper.

Have to talk to CloudFlare

Good thing: CloudFlare has an Abuse Report Form and it says it includes Copyright Infringment issues

Give them hell about one of their clients dragging them into a copyright/theft lawsuit.

For your complaint you'll need the full URL for "novelhd.com" and toss in the current IP (172.67.223.123) for good measure.
(I won't put the full URL here, if anyone clicked novelhd might follow the link back and start scraping here, too. Just goog"novelhd.com" and click the "Best Novels" result in the SRP)

Good luck.