Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Cici Moon

I want to first say that I hope all who are reading this are in good health and good spirits!
My pen name is Cici Moon, and mostly I write purely for the joy and mental health benefits that it provides me with. Would I love to be published one day? Of course, who of us that are writers here doesn't want to be? However, I am completely ok with not being published. I just love to write!
I've been writing since I was around 7 years old. My aunt gifted me with a small pink diary that smelled like baby powder, with the little lock and key. It became my pride and joy, and yes, in case you were wondering, I did begin each new entry with "Dear Diary." In Jr. High our English teacher made us write in composition books for 10 minutes everyday. Upon graduation from High School she presented us with 3 years worth of "historical" journaling.
In my teenage years I became a pen pal. It was so nice to have something outside of extracurricular activities that I enjoyed doing with my whole heart. I had the same pen pal for several years. Then we grew up, life happened, and we lost touch. I have continued to be a pen pal, I have only put down my pen for very brief periods, but always found I was much happier with my pen in my hand. Handwritten snail mail is my preferred method of letter writing.
I've written short stories, finished more journals than I could begin to count, recently discovered I have a certain knack for specific poetry, group collaborative writing and essays describing my certain brand of spirituality. I have in my mind to begin a memoir, I have began studying on the correct format and how to begin and oh the stories I could tell!
Outside of writing, I am a full time mom of seven kids (my husband is counted in with the kids) and a part time nurse.
This is a very brief introduction, if you have any questions for me or ideas to throw my way, please feel free to contact me! ~ Cici Moon

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Welcome to WF! I have a similar diary history...same little lock and key. I also love to hand-write letters. My sister can attest to that! It's impressive that you find time to write with such a big family. I think you will enjoy your time here. There is a collaborative writing challenge you might enjoy, arranged by @Foxee.

Last edited:

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Welcome to WF, Cici. I had the idea to take real-life situations and turn them into fiction which I then shared to my WF blog as letters. Perhaps you could do the same?
We are a friendly and supportive group so pull up a chair and make yourself at home. Any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Last edited:

Foxee

Patron
Patron
My aunt gifted me with a small pink diary that smelled like baby powder, with the little lock and key. It became my pride and joy, and yes, in case you were wondering, I did begin each new entry with "Dear Diary." In Jr. High our English teacher made us write in composition books for 10 minutes everyday. Upon graduation from High School she presented us with 3 years worth of "historical" journaling.
I started journaling when I was young, too, though I never had the kind of diary with a lock. I did just buy my youngest daughter a diary that she wanted that has a combination lock on it that you can set yourself...so handy for when you have a big brother who might neb into your stuffl. I thought it was fun so I gave in and she has been carrying it around with her since she got it. it's fun to pass the habit along!

I'm so glad you mentioned the school-writing in the composition notebooks. It took me back to my 7th grade English teacher who assigned us to write a book and we could use as many composition notebooks as we needed (I think I ended up rubberbanding three of them together) and then she took them all home over the summer and read them and passed them back in 8th grade.

Since you appreciate journals and journaling I'll share the first really nice journal I just bought, I love the illustration on the cover and I paid twice as much as I was going to pay for a journal because of it:
61S0kczWTwL._SX401_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

...so now you know my weakness.

Anyway, I digress, but nice to meet you!

Cici Moon

Welcome to WF! I have a similar diary history...same little lock and key. I also love to hand-write letters. My sister can attest to that! It's impressive that you find time to write with such a big family. I think you will enjoy your time here. There is a collaborative writing challenge you might enjoy, arranged by @Foxee.

Thank you so much!!!

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Hi, and welcome to the forum. My mother was the letter writer in our family, I think she posted half a dozen letters every day of her life to correspondents all over the world, my brother and I were still receiving the occasional reply eighteen months after she had died. It was abit difficult sometimes as she was a language teacher and they would come in French, German, Russian or Esperanto as well as English :)
Anyway, as I said, welcome to the forum, have a good look around, there are lots of friendly faces and useful ideas here. Be sure to make the occasional comment, you will find that after ten posts more aspects of the forum open up.