Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Do you folks construct a work, from scratch, here? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davi Mai

I'm still exploring, and I've come from Scribophile, where we post individual chapters for critique. I've produced a couple of novellas with help of critiques there.
Has anyone done the same here, or do you write the whole thing first and then come here for help and feedback? Thanks.

Last edited:

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
I'm still exploring, and I've come from Scribophile, where we post individual chapters for critique. I've produced a couple of novellas with help of critiques there.
Has anyone done the same here, or so you write the whole thing first and then come here for help and feedback? Thanks.
Up to you. :) The Fiction Workshop will handle piecemeal offerings, and the Beta Readers Forum lets you inquire at that level. You'll get more certain feedback from the Workshop, though.

TheMightyAz

Staff member
Mentor
Has anyone done the same here, or do you write the whole thing first and then come here for help and feedback? Thanks.
It's pretty much up to you how you approach things. I post small sections of scenes or whole scenes and often change them as I go. The only thing I would say, to be fair on everyone, is if you do post stuff like that, don't start another thread just for the updates. Again though, that's not set in stone. I just change stuff so often I'd have about 50 threads in the workshop area on the same novel by now! And I ain't exaggerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.