Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Do we know each other? (1 Viewer)

Scott

I have been scanning this site over the last couple of months and have enjoyed it immensly.

Due to some of the topics and my inexperience, I have decided to learn instead of offer suggestions or ideas.

Some of the questions I would love to have answered is,

*Where does everyone live?
*What are your dreams, goals or aspirations?
*Are any of you in Australia?
*What is your background?
*Do you draw, paint, make pottery, design gates, carve, act or have other artistic talents?

Looking forward to every ones reply.

P.S. I'll post my background tommorrow.

Isabo

Do we know one another?

Hi Scott,

I live in a small town near a big city in England. So if I want peace & quiet I can have it but when I fancy the bustle of the city, it's not far away.

My dream is to travel the world & get that bug out my system before settling down and concentrating on my writing. Hopefully that will be in a cosy cottage in the countryside, with plenty of dogs >grin<

I'm currently in my 2nd year at university studying American Studies & Film and Media Studies, which is great. I decided not to take an english degree because I end up killing the things I love the most, for instance, Romeo & Juliet was one of my faves growing up but then came 3rd year at high school & needless to say, it grew tiring. Then came King Lear in college.

Now I get to love literature for what it is to me without having to over analyse it. That's no disrespect to English students since I understand the work demanded of them - I just fancied doing something different. American Studies is really intereseting as in my English school - we only ever did British History. I love learning about colonial times & the Native American peoples.

My first love is reading - anything from Shakespeare to Raymond E Feist, Enid Blyton to Dostoevsky, you name it. I also love movies - all the classics & cult hits like Gone With the Wind, the Aliens Trilogy, Pulp Fiction, Highlander, Braveheart etc. You can see a list of top ten movies I've posted on my forum - which is advertised on the advertisements page at the bottom of this site.

I write an awful lot & have journals full of little scribblings. I'm also very passionate about wolves & my room is covered in wolf memorabilia, from statues to paintings & sculptures etc. Totally obsessed - I love animals, especially the dog family. I also try to follow the shaman way of life - I'm only a beginner though and am learning something new everyday.

Acting was always a big thing for me as I was growing up but now I prefer to look at things from behind the camera - Lord of the Rings blew me away. I would love to direct something like that, heck I'd love to just make a coffee for Peter Jackson >grin<

Well, I've jabbered on enough about myself so I'm off to go check out some wolf pictures.

Isabo x

cdm

I'm in SW Florida
My goal is what I said in "Mirrors". To be able, when my time comes, to look into a mirror and say, "It's been good, hasn't it?" -- and have the person there answer, "Yes, it has."
I've been everything from a longshoreman to a high steel worker, from a researcher to a bar owner, from a musician to a junkyard operator. I'm presently a writer and beachbum, and do research with orchids (Had a few articles published in Australia in the AOR and OA.) and environmental research in the gulf and bay areas.
I'm a guitarist (Mostly heavy metal, but many other forms. Played Sydney and Melbourne et al a few years ago.) I also seem to have a talent for making book covers with a digital camera and photoshop that I wasn't aware of until making the covers for my books on eNovel.
The avatar here is a rubber ball, some buttons, and the plastic cover from a Super Glue container.

Spudley

Scott said:

Where does everyone live?

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm in a medium-sized town some distance west of London, England.

Scott said:

Oh, I'm way too cynical to have any aspirations. ;)

Scott said:

Nope. None of me is.

Scott said:

Light blue.

Scott said:
*Do you draw, paint, make pottery, design gates, carve, act or have other artistic talents?

I'm a computer programmer. I guess that's kinda artistic.... sort of. Other than that, I do draw cartoons for my website, though I wouldn't say they're high art.

Scott

Howdy all,

It's great to have a bit of background (no, not blue Spudley) on some of you.

I love hearing stories about different people in different places, all with a different sense of humour. Alot of the time they give me quirky ideas for characters in my next book.

I live on a farm in a tiny town called Laggan. The population of laggan would be around 200. We, like you Isabo are dog mad! One St Benard, one terrier and one Staffy.

The other part of the family are feathered friends and numerous cows and sheep wondering over the hills.

My four passions in life are, acting, horses, gardening and recently, writing. I started off studying acting for three years and did a few tit bits before deciding that I wanted to become a riding instructor. So off I went to learn the craft. I was living in the heart of sydney at the time. It wasn't long before the call of the country took me from Sydney and plonked me in Laggan. I love it!!

At the moment I am on the 2nd draft of a childrens book, The Mulberry Tree. It has been such a learning curve for me. Until now, all the lessons I have learnt from life have not come from words on paper. Now, thanks to dear friend, I am reading and learning and reading and learning and then reading and learning some more. Karin, my friend, keeps feeding me books with different styles. Wow!!!

I hope to have The Mulberry Tree finished by the end of 2003. I will then address the publishing issue. Wish me luck!

I will be happy just for this one to be finished, published or not. I have a great love for it and will have a few published so my neices and nephews can go to sleep at night with the words of The Mulberry Tree whirling in their heads. That's the picture.

During the day I work in tourism. I am the Groups and Conference co-ordinator for our districts major city. great job and fun people.

Thanks again. It will be fun reading your posts and having a vague idea who they are from.

See you around the site,

Scott

free_mind_7

well id like to answer your questions, so here ya go:

1) i live about 30 minutes north of the state capital (harrisburg) in pennsylvania (usa) duh

2) my goals/dreams are to become a career firefighter a high profile company, and write in my spare time as well as becoming a highly experienced rock climber.

3) i am not from australia. sorry.

4) im not sure what u mean by background. ethnically i am german, scottish, irish, and some other mixed-up stuff. otherwise i come from a christian family who doesnt really understand my views on society or my dofferent level of thinking. i love to write, rock climb, and firefight.

5) i do draw a bit (mostly sketches), i weld a lot and im proficient in artistic blacksmithing.

there, thats me. anything u wanna ask just seek me and ask away. ill answer msot any question.

Csira

Scott said:

A slowly-becoming-non-discrete town in New Jersey.

My dream is hopefully to inspire and enlighten people with my writing, and just hopefully to be a novelist one day.

I draw some of my characters at a whim, but mostly I draw in the style and form of anime. I also draw still pictures such as flowers or objects, which ever ones intrigue me. I wish to learn the skill of painting, for it seems like an admirable hobby.

I

IndigoEagle

Scott said:
Bloomington, IN

To get more centred in the present and worry about the future less.

No

Grew up right where I live now. Upon graduation at 18 I moved to St Louis to attend a tiny (200) school there. I served an internship outside Manchester, England, and Europe got in my blood. I moved back home in '98, and transferred to Indiana University in '99. I am slowly working my way through a BA in philosophy. I presently work at a children's science museum, which is a blast!

I am preparing a showing of my painting and sculpture in December. I also get into web design/computer graphics, though I'm really just a hack (read: NOT hacker!) I have done some acting, most significantly as Kilroy in Woody Allen's "Don't Drink the Water". I'm a musician and started out as a voice major. I also play or have played viola, guitar, Native American flute, and percussion. I'm hoping to enroll in a DJ school to learn to compose electronic music. I'm an awful pianist.

Looking forward to every ones reply.

P.S. I'll post my background tommorrow.

W

WayneSer

Hey there....okay here we go....

1. I live about 20 minutes outside of Niagara Falls Ontario....I'm a proud Canuck!! :lol:

2. My dreams change daily...I want to publish a novel...if I ever get it written...and just be happy with whatever I can do....I like what you said, CDM...your mirror theory. It would be a good thing to achieve.

3. No...but I hope to visit someday.

4. I'm an Armenian Canadian....if anyone knows where Armenia is...I pat you on the back....not many people do... :cry:

5. Well....I sew as my creative thing to do...I enjoy making my own clothes.....but that would be about it....I'm a Martial Artist... 8)

SER

RoundEye

I live in New Orleans, Louisiana, USofA

I want a Trike, my legs are too weak and equilibrium shot from MS to hold up two wheels and I want to publish at least one book and have it sell well within the rest of my life.

**Are any of you in Australia?

Some are, some aren't.

Mostly German and Irish from a single child family. Started out in custom home and auto sound and repairing stereos, worked on multiple domains for five years in a computer and networking orientated field, repaired Honda motorcycles and repaired Harley-Davidsons. Attended Jeff Vo-Tech two years for electronics and attended Tulane University for about a year for server computers and networking. Due to my medicine for Multiple Sclerosis being $2800.00 a month, I’ve had to file for S.S. disability.

**Do you draw, paint, make pottery, design gates, carve, act or have other artistic talents?

I don’t know if being able to repair anything that runs on gasoline or is powered by electricity is a talent or not. Other than that I’m pretty untalented. I would like to learn the piano to help build my co-ordination back up, plus they just seem so cool. This song looks so basic but sounds so good.

LINK

:joker:

Last edited:

Bilston Blue

WF Veterans

I live in a small, crime ridden town in the Black Country of England; where racism and homophobia are taught in the family homes which surround me, and the glint of a knife blade against the black of a hood is the norm near the local store.

My dream is to get away from here. It shouldn't be a dream, though is. With my writing I'd merely like to do justice to the story which forms the basis for my first novel, though I'm fearful of not having the ability to write it as it deserves to be written.

I'm not in Australia, though given the freedom I'd happily emigrate to New Zealand, or the Falkland Islands, or even Normandy, France, would suffice.

My background is nothing special, quite average really. I did well at uni: 2:1 in History & War Studies, and then blew it with an atrocious career move.

My only other artistic talent is playing the guitar, poorly.

Scott.

:santa::santa::santa:

caelum

Astronomer
1273605494027.jpg

Intel may have set a record. :eek:

I live in BC Canada though may be moving to Saskatchewan in the near future, where I grew up. (Presently in Sask)

Make lots and lots of money and be my own boss. Break free of the system.

Never been there.

Since high-school worked five jobs, most recent of which was a 2 year stint at a Pulp and Paper mill.

Into music. I play guitar and am learning piano, have ditties and songs on both.