Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Do Something With These Words... (1 Viewer)

T.S.Bowman

CoF Challenge Host
WF Veterans
Woohoo! It's great to see people back in this thread again. I always found it a great way to stretch out a bit.

Many of the responses (stories) in here are very good and show just how talented the writers around here are.

T.S.Bowman

CoF Challenge Host
WF Veterans
When you come up with a story for the previous words it's then your turn to choose the words for the next.

TheWonderingNovice

WF Veterans
A Super Bowl party invitation

Alright y'all, the wife is gone and y'all know what that means- Super Bowl Party at my place!

Cancel your plans - that means you Jeff. Everyone knows that you haven't joined a bowling team, you don't even own a bowling ball. So don't even use that excuse.

Anyways - Chicken wings, ice cold beer, chips and dips and no wives.

Y'all bring your riding lawn mowers - we can make dirt circles on the lawn to celebrate. Ain't nothing better than that.

My place, and show the right team colors - that means you Jeff. Lets do this.

Last edited:

Teb

Incandescent molten rock oozes slowly down the hillside, causing little bright flares as it swallows the small periwinkles that grow in it's path. Gradually it flows down the slope onto the soft sands beside the gently undulating sea, it's appearance incogruous with the peaceful scene. Clouds of steam burst forth then fade as the cool soothing caress of the irenic waters do what the scores of fire fighters failed to do, stop nature in it's tracks.

Enrage
Glacier
Vibrator
Affair

(Random word generator picked em, not me)

Hairball

Incandescent molten rock oozes slowly down the hillside, causing little bright flares as it swallows the small periwinkles that grow in it's path. Gradually it flows down the slope onto the soft sands beside the gently undulating sea, it's appearance incogruous with the peaceful scene. Clouds of steam burst forth then fade as the cool soothing caress of the irenic waters do what the scores of fire fighters failed to do, stop nature in it's tracks.

Enrage
Glacier
Vibrator
Affair

(Random word generator picked em, not me)

OH @#$%&!! NO!

One of my troops had an affair with an officer's wife that involved a vibrator, and there's no way in hell I'm going there, either.

Good job on the story, however. I couldn't think of anything like that. Well done!

A young, dusky brown cricket sat on the tip of a grass blade, delicately cleaning her feelers, watching the armies go by. Insects of all kinds were going to war against the King of the Frog Kingdom, who had, apparently, allowed his people to eat the Dragonfly Queen, or something of that sort.

First there came the Stag Beetles, black as night, clacking their great claws in time. Then the Praying Mantises, with crosses on their breastplates, then the Mosquitoes, with their hungry eyes and tattered black capes, and then the Dragonflies, who were the archers. After them came the Bees, bearing tiny swords and dressed in yellow: they were the Valkyries of the insects, the shieldmaidens, for no drones were among them. I wish I were a bee, thought the cricket, shifting her foot.

Last of all in the great march there came the Crickets. They tapped their drums, they fiddled with their wings, and all together they shouted, to battle! Among the drummers the cricket saw one of her friends. She wanted to call out to him, but she knew he had to stay with his unit. Why can I never be part of these things? thought the cricket, slipping off the grass blade.

She turned toward home. Someday. . .

Next words:
Exile
Pistol
Paradox
Autumn

Hairball

In exile, Princess Autumn of Moldova asked a question of her uncle.

"Tell me what a paradox is, Uncle," she said, clutching her pistol. The royal family was in danger of being found and possibly executed by the rebels in the region.

He smiled. "That's easy, dear. A paradox is a pair of doctors."

(Yes, it's a pun)

Next words:

Fart

Cabbage

Flower

Waterfall

Good luck!

Teb

Dave sank into the warmth of the bath letting the waters wash over him, using his toe to turn off the fast flowing waterfall from the hot tap. He gave a contended sigh and relaxed, feeling the tension of the day seep out from his body into the coccooning waters. Perhaps a little too relaxed, a series of bubbles rose through the water and erupted in little explosions on the surface.

"Cabbage? When did I last eat cabbage?"

Dave asked the world in general, expecting no answer since he was alone in the house. His nose wrinkled and he found himself wondering why farts in the bath were not cleaned as they rose through the waters, since the water was full of soap and soap cleaned things. As he mused upon this paradox of life the flowers on the window ledge wilted slowly.

Difficult
Blowtorch
Fathead
Barren

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
Little packages pack a mean punch (language)

Josie was having a difficult time with welding that uneven shard to the steel girder. Her mind was elsewhere, she was still fuming over what that fathead Homer said about her. He called her a barren bitch with small tits. She lit up the blowtorch and fired it up his ass. IT would be a long time before Homer would talk shit like that again or even take one, sitting or standing.

next words:

agony
helpless
tormented
misery

Last edited:

Teb

Homer was living in his own personal world of misery and pain, the feeling helpless tormented him more than the actual agony of the burns. The one consolation he could take from this experience was the fact that sour faced flat chested cow was now behind bars and probably crying every night and hoping he would forgive her. He adjusted his position carefully, laid full length on a hospital bed wrapped in bandages with tubes leading to plastic bags taking care of his bodily functions. With any luck it would be that big chested nurse who never did her top buttons that came to change them this time, maybe he could get a sympathy date.

Attic
Pile
Cruise Ship
Beard

T.S.Bowman

CoF Challenge Host
WF Veterans
Scratching his 5 day beard, Dr Cholera sat in his attic. He was looking for the tickets he had bought for his wife. 7 days on a cruise ship destined for Puerto Rico. He had somehow misplaced them over the last few days and was now desperate to find them because the ship was scheduled to leave in less than 24 hours. He didn't think they would be found here, but again, he was desperate.

He sighed heavily, thinking how badly he had wanted to do something nice for his wife. Goodness knows the woman has had the patience of a saint over the last forty plus years.

Well, he thought, one last pile to go.

Next set

fumble
monkey
bamboozled
chairman

Users who are viewing this thread