Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Do I really need an agent if a publishing house explicitly mentioned they manage everything from start to finish (including content)? (1 Viewer)

Eholic

Dear readers,

Feel free to chuck a brick or tone at me, but I really do need helpful information on this since Google isn't very good with specifics.

On two instances I read that they do everything.

Do I really need an agent if a publishing house explicitly mentioned they manage everything from start to finish (including content)?

I am looking forward to your advice and inputs, thank you! 🙏 🙃

Eholic

Hey Bloggsworth, thank you for your reply!

I am assuming the principle "no upfront payment" still stands?

What are the characteristics of a unreputable publishing house - warning signs to watch out for?

Ralph Rotten

Staff member
Media Manager
Do you know anything about contract details, foreign markets, marketing costs, subsidary rights, pass-thru, film rights...?
If you can get an agent, then you should.
Which publisher is this?