Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Do Any of You Paint? (1 Viewer)

LoveofWriting

I just got into painting and I really love it! I am inspired by Salvador Dali and Francis Bacon. I like to paint morbid stuff and surrealism things so I think showing it here would be nice, but what I am wondering is if anyone does paint and can I network with other painters? It would benefit me very much thanks.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
I wish I could since this is a field where people with dyslexia can make a living from. Since supposedly we think better in pictures. It's in my plans perhaps. I need to research what careers are applicable if I decide to do it one day. I don't think I would be a good actor, and a job I can excel in would be great. People with dsylexia also have different learning styles. There are not many services available for students in dyslexia where I am nearby. They learn with a multisensory approach to learning and teaching.

Firemajic is learning art. I think there is an art section on this website. She'd would post pictures of her work in the art section. Contact her. She is a mentor for poetry on this website.

LoveofWriting

I wish I could since this is a field where people with dyslexia can make a living from. Since supposedly we think better in pictures. It's in my plans perhaps. I need to research what careers are applicable if I decide to do it one day. I don't think I would be a good actor, and a job I can excel in would be great. People with dsylexia also have different learning styles. There are not many services available for students in dyslexia where I am nearby. They learn with a multisensory approach to learning and teaching.

Firemajic is learning art. I think there is an art section on this website. She'd would post pictures of her work in the art section. Contact her. She is a mentor for poetry on this website.
Sure that sounds good! I will do that.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
I paint, but I only do large acrylic abstracts on canvas to decorate my house. I wouldn't consider myself a painter. But I did study art history at a design school in Paris, France, so I know a bit about it. I could try!

LoveofWriting

I paint, but I only do large acrylic abstracts on canvas to decorate my house. I wouldn't consider myself a painter. But I did study art history at a design school in Paris, France, so I know a bit about it. I could try!

Wow Paris! That must have been fun! Did you see the sights as well?

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Wow Paris! That must have been fun! Did you see the sights as well?
Yes. I lived there for a year to study fashion design. And I lived in the 14th arrondissement which was very french, not many tourists. We sublet our apartment from a troupe of traveling clowns. The owner showed up one night and said they didn't have permission to do that. What do expect from a bunch of clowns? Anyway, we were a group of young idealistic artists and we invited him in and gave him some wine and ratatouille. We couldn't afford much else. He was fine, then after that, he used to come and stay with us periodically and sleep on our couch. He was a rich lawyer, but he loved soaking in our bohemian culture.

Anyway, I have a million little stories like that. But, I did spend an inordinate amount of time at the multitude of galleries in Paris and other parts of Europe. I'd love to talk about art if that's helpful to you

Do you have any arty travel stories? Or just arty stories?

LoveofWriting

Yes. I lived there for a year to study fashion design. And I lived in the 14th arrondissement which was very french, not many tourists. We sublet our apartment from a troupe of traveling clowns. The owner showed up one night and said they didn't have permission to do that. What do expect from a bunch of clowns? Anyway, we were a group of young idealistic artists and we invited him in and gave him some wine and ratatouille. We couldn't afford much else. He was fine, then after that, he used to come and stay with us periodically and sleep on our couch. He was a rich lawyer, but he loved soaking in our bohemian culture.

Anyway, I have a million little stories like that. But, I did spend an inordinate amount of time at the multitude of galleries in Paris and other parts of Europe. I'd love to talk about art if that's helpful to you

Do you have any arty travel stories? Or just arty stories?

Well I've only been to Italy (the only European country) but I never noticed an art scene there but I know they have one. You can talk about art, I'd like that.