Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Dissapeared (1 Viewer)

Winston

WF Veterans
Like those troublesome folks in Northern Ireland or Chile, The WF Mental Health Forum looks like it vanished. With all the new Five Year Planning and reorganization going on, these things happen. Eggs need to be cracked and all. Subversives rounded up. I went through a few hundred of my latest posts. Maybe I just missed it.
It's a shame. It was nice when we could support each other as a community, in ways that really mattered. Instead of sterile, group-think conformity and compliance.

In a couple of weeks, things are probably going to get ugly. My kids are scared. They already lost their mom this year. I don't know how to lie and tell them things will be "okay".
They were joking about getting sets of "BLM" and "MAGA" hats, and shirts with Velcro. And switching logos depending on which mob is nearby. Funny, right?

Anyway, I know there's an important poetry contest or something more pressing for y'all. Sorry for the intrusion.

-xXx-

Financial Supporter
<snip>The WF Mental Health Forum looks like it vanished. <snip>
It's a shame. It was nice when we could support each other as a community, in ways that really mattered. [extract]
<snip>
Anyway, I know there's an important poetry contest or something more pressing for y'all. Sorry for the intrusion.

[insert extract]
Instead of sterile, group-think conformity and compliance.

you rang?

i will hand search 65 pages of threads on this occasion
to locate the following for your consideration:

positive room

mental health & creativity

intervention

nami

make homemade chicken noodle soup.
tell them it will be fine.
mean it.

because i,
forever-unqualified-for-everything-ever,
said so.
and
i mean it.

*be well*
*cloudpeep*
*of the authentic variety*

:)

dither

WF Veterans
Like those troublesome folks in Northern Ireland or Chile, The WF Mental Health Forum looks like it vanished. With all the new Five Year Planning and reorganization going on, these things happen. Eggs need to be cracked and all. Subversives rounded up. I went through a few hundred of my latest posts. Maybe I just missed it.
It's a shame. It was nice when we could support each other as a community, in ways that really mattered. Instead of sterile, group-think conformity and compliance.

In a couple of weeks, things are probably going to get ugly. My kids are scared. They already lost their mom this year. I don't know how to lie and tell them things will be "okay".
They were joking about getting sets of "BLM" and "MAGA" hats, and shirts with Velcro. And switching logos depending on which mob is nearby. Funny, right?

It looks like you've got one helluva situation over there Winston, we only know what we we see and hear from newspaper articles and clips on the news channels. How do you, how does a COUNTRY, deal with something like that? And how does society recover? I wonder.

Last edited:

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
Why i never discuss politics with anyone - you say something they disagree with and they might pull out a .357 and blow your head off. No way to run a country. Wish i could say things will be better, Winston, but I'm afraid it won't no matter who wins.:deadhorse:

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Sometimes your kids make you feel ten feet tall. My youngest rang and said talking to her friends everyone said that when they talked to their parents about BLM they all said "But all lives matter", which is completely beside the point, "But I was proud to tell them that neither you or Mum did."

I saw the guy who calls himself Grand Master something and leads a black militia group talking about BLM and he said 'They follow the definition of insanity in that when something doesn't work they keep doing it'. I felt he did have a point, but the same could be said of armed militias on the whole, look at Haiti.

America survived the abolition of slavery and all those ridiculous anti-communist hearings, you have a pretty solid base and constitution. It might get uncomfortable but my bet is you will see it through and come out the other side better for it.

matthew1959

I am old enough to remember all of this happening in the late 60's and early 70's. The pandemic has added a new wrinkle. It took a while, but eventually things kind of got back on track.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
It is a shame and we have to do what we are told. However, I hope we get the help we need. Right now have had a fun time having a new puppy. It relaxes the mind. My mood has been great all day because it entertains to have a young pet or any pet. It is good for laughs as well. For me this is free therapy.