Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Discussion Thread for The Zodiac Chronicles (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MzSnowleopard

WF Veterans
People were seriously giving you crap because you weren't doing what everyone else does? Seems rather silly. It's not like you were trying to do something completely radical that no one would really understand.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. People give me crap about my writing period- especially people who have NEVER read my work- not even my school papers.

I've had to cut friends loose because of crap they were giving me- pushing me to do one thing or another that wasn't part of my plan. Either they were trying to put stumbling blocks in my path or as one person here put it ( in a thread some time ago) their help was nothing more than being able to say "see that- I helped". I haven't figured out what the actual issue was with them- but at this point it's mute because those yahoos are no longer part of my life.

Last edited:

T.S.Bowman

CoF Challenge Host
WF Veterans
Well...negative influences are worthless.

Separating the chaff from the wheat as far as friends go has definitely worked to your advantage.

MzSnowleopard

WF Veterans
Exactly + definately = less stress

I've noticed that since cutting them loose my creativity has been more present. I'll remember the good times, and maybe slip some into the novels but I'm better off without their BS.

MzSnowleopard

WF Veterans
And doing better today, now if that child would stop screaming her fool head off while she plays in the court yard- we'd all get some peace in this complex LOL.

All kidding aside, I decided to put together an anthology of my work. I'm calling it The Long Ridge a tip of the hat to the school. I'm including pieces from both Long Ridge Writers Group and Western Iowa Tech. The plan is to release it through self-publish. I have an idea / vision of the book I just need to finish Long Ridge first. 4 lessons to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.