Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Differences in the forums? (1 Viewer)

C

Ciavyn

Hello, Everyone! My name is Ally, and I am new to this forum. It has been awesome so far! I have a quick question, and I wasn't sure where to post it, so I figured this was the safest place! What is the difference between the other creativity forums (Fiction, poetry, short story, etc.) and the Writer's Workshop? Thanks!

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the forums, Caivyn.

Well, like the Writer's Workshop description says, "Members-only forum for the purpose of workshopping with other writers. In order to protect first publishing rights, guests and search engines do not have access. Posts are automatically removed 45 days after creation, so be sure to save all such material for future reference." In other words, search engines can't cashe the work in Worshop so the authors keep first rights, which you'll need if you want to someday publish your work. The other forums are viewable to members and guests and so casheable. Hope that helped.

C

Ciavyn

Actually, I could read that part. =) I guess my curiosity is lies in the difference between the "critique" in that section vs. the rest of the site. Is the only difference that it is private? It sounded as though it was for more "serious" critiques? I may have been reading too much into that.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Welcome, Ally!

It's my opinion that you do get a bit more thorough critique in the Writer's Workshop sometimes simply because the focus there is on getting the work published. If you don't care much about submitting your work yet and just want to try things out, compare notes, and learn the other critique forums are fine, too.

All of this is dependent on which critiquers are reading what forums, of course. And what kind of day they're having. In either case your post will come up in the New Posts search (first thing I do when I log on).

Enjoy WF!

~Foxee

C

Ciavyn

Thank you for answering that - I appreciate it. and HI to all!!

While I'm at the questions, I will ask another - can I take down what I posted on another section and repost it in the critique section? I actually am interested in publishing what I am writing, and would value the critique very much.

Thanks again - I'm Ms. 20 questions, lately. :raindeer:

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Nope, sorry, members can't take down threads. But a staff member can move it if you'd like. I take it you're talking about "Vampires and the FBI" in the Fiction section? Just let me know. :)

EDIT: The work has been moved as per PM request.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread