Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Determined to become a better writer (1 Viewer)

P

poetone

Hi Everyone,
I've been eyeing this website, in particularly the forum sections, and I thought I would now take the plunge and become a member. I'll start by divulging a little information about myself, as well as my long term intentions. I have been working in the IT/Web industry for 7 years as a Web Developer, building small and large-scale websites. The work involves lots of coding/writing in HTML, JavaScript, etc. Although I write code, I don't get to exercise my English-writing, communication skills as much as I would like. In the past, I have taken writing courses, which have shown me the nuts and bolts of grammar, style, inner voice, etc, but I feel that once the class is over, I stop writing...

I’m looking for a long-lasting relationship with the “Art of writing”, and I think an online community is a great way to nurture my appetite. It will force me to communicate (by writing, as appose to speaking), which will prompt others to critique my work, while at the same time, protecting my privacy. I’m looking forward to meeting you all. :mrgreen:

-Poetone

Last edited by a moderator:

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
The logical approach needed by your profession added to the knowledge you have acquired about writing should make you a valuable member from the critique point of view. I hope we can reciprocate to mutual advantage.
By the way, are you a no. 1 poet or do you write prose in the tone of Poe?

P

poetone

haha, Olly, the username that I'm is an alias I use to use during my High School days, when I was an "Artist". Fine artist, to be correct; As well as an amatuer rapper/poet.