Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Detective Novels (2 Viewers)

E

Eros Charon

I have never read a good Detective novel or a crime novel. I know there's good stuff out there, so does anybody have any recommendations.

Allen907

I hope i'm not too late, but Ian Rankin is my favorite. Dark police procedural set in Edinburgh. I'd start with Black and Blue or later. Some of his earlier work doesn't posess the same grip.

Novicewriter

I have only read Sue Grafton...she's very good...told from (obviously) from a female's point of view...but you get to know Kinsey Milhone... :) They're quick reads.

kalibantre

I like her, don't read too many of her books at once as you do get sick of the women always saving the day but I get sick of any set of books that do that. The books are all definitely different but when read back to back you're likely to get bored...

Amazing books though, one I can pick up and read bits at any point I know the story that well.. anyway...

Novicewriter

You should read Sue Grafton..they are quick reads too. I'm actually working on a detective novel...it's definitely adult oriented. :)

kalibantre

I've got a lot of fantasy to read over the summer so I'll try to remember to check her out after that...

Is your novel up on the boards at all?

Novicewriter

No it's not because it's for mature audiences only :( Since there are very young writers on here I'm not going to post it ...