Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Description=book* :)! (1 Viewer)

LostInTranslation

* Hi *
I am looking for any books in these criteria

-Contain a person unwilling to leave HS behind
-Funny book
-one about how teachers affect their students in a positive way
-Ghost story books

(hehe dont ask about any of the topics-- completely random)
Really I'm just trying to get into reading. Because it was always forced upon me, I barely read- but I truly believe reading more will imporve my writing....and expand my mind to its distances. I want something that doesnt lose grip at times and become slow-- need something thats a fast read cuz its so amazingly good-- thanks in advance :)!

*KT*

D4rk_3|f

i know a movie called dangerous minds which is about a teacher who affects her students in a good way. If youre using it for research i would recommend it.

Talia_Brie

There's a book called Ghost Story, by Peter Straub that is good, if a little long winded. Also try The Shining, by Stephen King, or The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson (which has been made into 2 movies, I think).

For comedy I don't think you can go past Ben Elton, anything by him will be good.