Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Dependence (1 Viewer)

ritudimrinautiyal

Water
Satisfies
Purifies
Majestic
Overflowing
Overpowering
It overwhelms
It suffocates
It can kill

Fire
Heat
Nourishment
Alluring
Easily ignited
Raging
Blazing
It Burns
It scars
It can kill

Knives
Protecting
Shaping, Carving, Molding
Useful, Practical
Paring
Manipulating
Hunting
It slashes
It punctures
It can kill

They see your Magnificence
Your strength and your power
They see your beauty
And she feels the pain

… isolated in her story

They see your beauty
And she feels the pain

The implying message is magnificent Happy.

Good luck
Ritu

Annie. Marie

I get how you created an acknowledgement of both the good and bad of the elements.
My only critique would be I guess I was a little confused about where talking about the topic of knives came into play. I liked seeing a stanza for water and fire, thinking it was following an element pattern, and then was kind of thrown off with the knives.
Overall, I think it's a good piece, thank you for sharing.

-Annie

happy-hippie

I get how you created an acknowledgement of both the good and bad of the elements.
My only critique would be I guess I was a little confused about where talking about the topic of knives came into play. I liked seeing a stanza for water and fire, thinking it was following an element pattern, and then was kind of thrown off with the knives.
Overall, I think it's a good piece, thank you for sharing.

-Annie

Hey Annie,

Glad you liked.

You're right. It does feel a little jarring going from 'the elements' to 'knives'.

I was thinking about things needed for survival if out in the wilderness; you need water, fire to cook, and some kind of blade to hunt, etc.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read. Your opinions and comments are always welcome and appreciated.

Jk_Sl

Water
Satisfies
Purifies
Majestic
Overflowing
Overpowering
It overwhelms
It suffocates
It can kill

Fire
Heat
Nourishment
Alluring
Easily ignited
Raging
Blazing
It Burns
It scars
It can kill

Knives
Protecting
Useful, Practical
Paring
Manipulating
Hunting
It slashes
It punctures
It can kill

They see your beauty
And she feels the pain

… isolated in her story

They see your beauty
And she feels the pain

Thank You for sharing, this is lovely [emoji3526]

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Water
Satisfies
Purifies
Majestic
Overflowing
Overpowering
It overwhelms
It suffocates
It can kill

Fire
Heat
Nourishment
Alluring
Easily ignited
Raging
Blazing
It Burns
It scars
It can kill

Knives
Protecting
Useful, Practical
Paring
Manipulating
Hunting
It slashes
It punctures
It can kill

They see your beauty
And she feels the pain

… isolated in her story

They see your beauty
And she feels the pain

I like the slow and easy read of this. Is fire 'easily ignited' though? 'easily ignites'?

happy-hippie

I like the slow and easy read of this. Is fire 'easily ignited' though? 'easily ignites'?

Hey there!

I didn't notice that...I am thinking that easily ignited (by.... where the by might be implied...by a spark, etc.)Probably a stretch.
Easily ignites works.

Thank you for reading and commenting. Very much appreciated.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Hey there!

I didn't notice that...I am thinking that easily ignited (by.... where the by might be implied...by a spark, etc.)Probably a stretch.
Easily ignites works.

Thank you for reading and commenting. Very much appreciated.

I'd love to help more with poetry in general but there are far more accomplished poets in here than me and I'm more likely to advise incorrectly. That's why I've eased off a bit. Let the experts help :)

happy-hippie

I'd love to help more with poetry in general but there are far more accomplished poets in here than me and I'm more likely to advise incorrectly. That's why I've eased off a bit. Let the experts help :)

Well, your advice does help one to think and just sharing your impressions of a poem are helpful (at least to me). I stay away from critiquing poems cause I don't much about technique and the like. So I understand.