Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Defining Monster (1 Viewer)

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Defining Monster...

under the bed
in the closet
a dark alley

these figments
lent the fear

fear that became
a need to try
to see the edges

face
eyes
form

so many faces
truths revealed
in eyes and limbs

these figments
reflections
embodiments
drivers

of a need
of purpose

to prove
to prevail

these figments
have hold
of a compass point

actions defining...

2020Syd2020

Hello,

what I like most about this is the way in which the definition remains oblique. In a sense the writer in defining monster is only articulating the fear that leads to the creation of fear, distrust and paranoia. As a piece this works so well to comment on how society can in a sense create their own demons and targets for public ire.

Cheers

Syd

Annie. Marie

Great read. I love the eerie feel.
For an edit, maybe think about rewording L11 and L15. This is just a personal edit since I never liked the sound/sight of the same noun being mentioned so close together.
Thank you for sharing!

-Annie