Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Deep in Thought (1 Viewer)

D

DavidGC

The following was recited by a friend of mine one night while high on various substances. Enjoy.

Deep In Thought

I sit here, late into the morning, wondering many things. Most of which would not make sense to anyone but myself, so I won’t bother to get into details. But I do believe, as I venture further in my mind, that there is a point that most of us can agree on. Beyond the depths of the conscience mind and into the subconscious mind we can find things that would baffle us. You think you are in full control of your thoughts but you come to realize you are not. Your brain is a jester of the body, providing you with entertainment for the day. But even the dumbest of servants can find ways to confuse. If you sit, and let your imagination take you away, you may find these hidden treasures and unlock knowledge you may never knew you had...or that you would rather not even know. This is when you know that you are deep in thought.

winner

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist"

[-X It does sound like the seemingly 'intellectual' mindless rambling of someone who is under the influence of various substances. It's garbage.

C

Car

Sounds like the narrator would want to study philosophy if he knew about it.