Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Darkly Dreaming Dexter (1 Viewer)

Neo

Badly written, and with a loose plot, devoid of a variation in pace or tone. Good, but badly written.

Anyone else read it?

D

Dr. Malone

I thought it was pretty good. I listened to Darkly Dreaming and one of the others from the series (I don't know if there are more than the two) on audiobook. Because I was just listening, I couldn't really analyze it, but I thought the writing was fairly straight forward and that the story moved along nicely. The humor from the show wasn't quite as prevalent, but it's harder to write subtle humor like that than it is to do it on TV. I definitely found myself chuckling a few times in each book.

Varelin

That's a shame, i love the show and was looking forward to checking it out. I'll still read it, but with revised expectations (which might be a good thing anyway). Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread