Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Dance on my grave. (1 Viewer)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
We have a thread that is for writing an elegy, most people seemed to equate that with an epitaph, it is actually a sad poem, so epitaphs are often both. An epitaph is the wording on a tombstone, or praise of someone dead.

Anyway this thread is inspired by Spike Milligan and Ezra Pound who wrote their own epitaphs.
‘Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite’, or ‘I told you I felt ill’, for Spike and;
‘Here lies the body of Ezra Pound
Lost at sea and never found.’ for Ezra

So how about writing your own epitaph, what would you like on your gravestone?

Here is mine, though I might think of alternatives.

Here is the grave of Olly
Remember his life and be jolly,
This is an invite, so grab the chance
Step on my grave and have a dance.

ppsage

WF Veterans
Everybody knows that cremation releases the spirit more quickly and cleanly. All this cleaver stuff you try to leave behind is going to be just so much heavy baggage when you get wherever you're going -- heaven, nirvana, floating island, pearly gate, the underground passage or the tunnel of light: whichever.

Wandering Man

STOOOOOP teasing... and tell .. hahaa..

Through 42 years of marriage, there have been a lot of dead critters, cats (run over and fluff-dried), possums & coons shot, etc.

Each time I get asked the same question just before burial: "Are you SURE it's dead?"

I've decided to put that on her marker.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Everybody knows that cremation releases the spirit more quickly and cleanly. All this cleaver stuff you try to leave behind is going to be just so much heavy baggage when you get wherever you're going -- heaven, nirvana, floating island, pearly gate, the underground passage or the tunnel of light: whichever.

Nirvana... definitely......[hopefully]..or.. the underground passage....

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Ollllie's Folly...

Here is the grave of "Two Step Olllie"
folks round here call it "Olllie's Folly"..
he took unnecessary chances
and died doing those dangerous Break Dances..

Users who are viewing this thread