Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Creative non-fiction site (1 Viewer)

wshaw

Hello

I have recently set up a site called Un-Made-Up; I'm a non-fiction writer and I'm fascinated by the stories people tell.

The site encourages writers to post true stories that are under 1,000 words long; the emphasis is creative non-fiction. I'm looking for stories that are well told.

This isn't journalism; this is true story telling. The stories don't have to be funny, they don't have to make a point, they don't have to be "about" something, but they must be well-written and illuminating in some way... And they must, of course, be true.

I suspect that this might be of interest to other writers than those who frequent the "Non-fiction" forum, as the sub-head to this one is "Essays, Articles, Reviews, etc." and I'm more in the "etc." category. I don't want my first post here to be a cross-posting nightmare, but if anybody can let me know if it would be better to post this elsewhere I'd be very grateful.

Hoping to hear from some of you soon,

William Shaw

wshaw

mammamaia said:
are you paying for what you publish on the site, or are they to be 'donations'?

Money? From a website? How does that work?

No... it costs me money to run the site. I'm not going looking for advertising, but were a revenue stream to miraculously turn up I would of course share the largesse.

We are doing it for fun - and the we includes several people who are used to being paid for what they write. And because it's a new way to experiment with what the blog format can do...

Last edited:

mammamaia

Money? From a website? How does that work?

it's called an 'e-zine'... ;-) and the owners/editors pay the writers to publish their work on the 'site'... the ones that do pay, that is... many more don't, than do, sad to say...

but, there's no law says you can't have fun with what you're doing... best of luck with it... i've actually just sent you some of my stuff you're welcome to post, if you want, since i do nothing for money any more...

hugs, m

mammamaia

i'm still waiting for a reply to my latest email reply of 3 days ago, ws... did it get lost?... or did you get too busy?

m