Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Crafting an Apocalypse, Take 2. Also a jumping off point for two future book series!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojack79

So after two years of no real activity on here I've decided to come back with an old premise that's been retooled in order to work out some kinks as well as propose two new ideas for two future book series that I plan to work on and may even need some help with when things start taking off. So all in all I left this site with only one vision in mind and have come back with three in tow.

The first idea is, and I know this is going to be long winded but for my own brains sake I feel that I have to do this, a Christian Post-Apocalyptic Science/ Low Fantasy Story. This one is technically the second of a three course meal but more on that later.

The second idea is pretty much the events set up to a century before and those events leading directly to the apocalypse in the latter story.

And finally the third idea is a concurrent story happening at the same time as both of those prior stories. It's about a ship heading to the void in space were nothing lives only for them to find something that feeds on other planets/solor systems.

So that's my foreseeable future so far. If anyone would like to jump on this bandwagon with please let me know. If you have any questions or just friendly advice that's welcome as well.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
Reading a canticle for lebowitz will help inspire you. It's the same genre and sub-genre/crossover. Actually even if you decide on fantasy or science fiction read it. That's my recommendation.

Ralph Rotten

Staff member
Media Manager
So after two years of no real activity on here I've decided to come back with an old premise that's been retooled in order to work out some kinks as well as propose two new ideas for two future book series that I plan to work on and may even need some help with when things start taking off. So all in all I left this site with only one vision in mind and have come back with three in tow.

The first idea is, and I know this is going to be long winded but for my own brains sake I feel that I have to do this, a Christian Post-Apocalyptic Science/ Low Fantasy Story. This one is technically the second of a three course meal but more on that later.

The second idea is pretty much the events set up to a century before and those events leading directly to the apocalypse in the latter story.

And finally the third idea is a concurrent story happening at the same time as both of those prior stories. It's about a ship heading to the void in space were nothing lives only for them to find something that feeds on other planets/solor systems.

So that's my foreseeable future so far. If anyone would like to jump on this bandwagon with please let me know. If you have any questions or just friendly advice that's welcome as well.

I really like this idea, but it seems like you may be putting the cart way before the horse. Focus on the first book, sell a few copies of that, then consider a long-term relationship.

Anyhow, I loooove EOW stories, so tell me all about this post-apocalyptic world of yorn. Are they living in huts and mumbling an indistinguishable version of the pledge of allegiance, or is it a cannibal world where the sinners eat the Christians?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Rojack79

I really like this idea, but it seems like you may be putting the cart way before the horse. Focus on the first book, sell a few copies of that, then consider a long-term relationship.

Anyhow, I loooove EOW stories, so tell me all about this post-apocalyptic world of yorn. Are they living in huts and mumbling an indistinguishable version of the pledge of allegiance, or is it a cannibal world where the sinners eat the Christians?

Currently at work. I'll give you guys the details after I get back home.

Rojack79

The whole world is pretty much reduced to living in a midevil period lifestyle. However the are still remnants of the old world left behind, like trains for example. After the apocalypse however the church was once again the most powerful force on earth. A few centuries later and life moves on. The church is still in power but it's keeping the masses ignorant of the truth concerning the old world. It even sends out inquisitors to hunt down heretics and those who dig to much into the past in order to keep there newfound power. I'm stuck however on the protagonist. I feel like I want him to be a temporal fish out of water character from centuries ago who woke upand now has to adjust to this new world. The big question for me is just how am I going to get him into the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.