Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Covid-19 Supplies (1 Viewer)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Thanks Foxee, guess I've got nebby neighbours, but then, haven't most people?
I think if you have a neighbor the potential for nebbiness exists! Even well-meaning. I'm hemmed in on every side by neighbors...something that didn't seem like a bad idea at first and now has me wanting to just put the privacy fence up. Robert Frost said that good fences make good neighbors and I totally agree with this. Thankfully I have pretty nice neighbors overall, I just would like to be able to be out grilling or planting or whatever without having to have a bellowed conversation.

NEIGHBOR: "YA GRILLIN', HUH? MAKE ANY FOR ME?"

ME (tries to think of something witty to say and gives up): "SORRY, DIDN'T THINK OF THAT!"

NEIGHBOR: "YA WANT ANY OF THESE GREEN ONIONS?"

ME: "UH, SURE, OKAY. THANKS."

NEIGHBOR: "JUST C'MON OVER AND GET THEM! OR SEND THE KIDS!"

ETC.

Thing is, I hate yelling. Unless I'm mad. I just want to be able to quietly enjoy my backyard. A convo as long as the one above, carried on fortissimo, actually kind of wears me out.

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Which is why I love living in the woods. No nebby neighbors lookin', yellin', poke-nosin' around. Of course, the down side is that we could be murdered in our beds and someone might not know it for a week or so...

Gofa

Friends of WF
I read this on the internet It must be true

In fact, there is now some evidence from France that smokers are at a lower risk: a trial is now underway giving non-smokers nicotine patches.

For you people who gave up smoking being told you would live longer

Oh Dear
How sad
Never mind

Gofa

Friends of WF
Which is why I love living in the woods. No nebby neighbors lookin', yellin', poke-nosin' around. Of course, the down side is that we could be murdered in our beds and someone might not know it for a week or so...

look on the bright side if you were murdered and then cut up and put in the freezer someone might never know
and when the new owner has a meet and greet barbeque for all your neighbors you really do become part of the community

Users who are viewing this thread