Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Covid-19 Supplies (1 Viewer)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
I am told that on a ventilator the patient needs to be in a state of induced coma, and that the hospitals are running out of the favoured drugs to do it with and having to use alternatives which can have side effects etc. One would think this might have been foreseen when they were talking about a shortage of ventilators, it seems to be fire stopping rather than any sort of planned response.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Twenty five years ago it caused Typhoid, yes?
About fifty five-sixty years ago there were a few cases in Harlow New Town when I lived there. Apparently it was from cooling the cans in river water and there being minute holes in the seal. However ordinary household supplies were safe, it was only in the very large cans used in catering or where it was sold sliced that enough pressure could build up to cause a leak.

Neetu

Friends of WF
I moved from the UK 26 years ago and even then, NHS was struggling and trust hospitals were being introduced and the option of private insurance to supplement the national health insurance. But there weren’t many takers then.

Ma'am

Some Covid-19 supplies for the family came in the mail today. Cloth masks, disposable masks, small hand sanitizers and for some reason... a surprise free gift of snail cream. :shock:
snail cream.jpg
fabricmasks.jpg

disposable masks.jpg
handsan.jpg

Last edited:

Ma'am

Okay, I can't just blow right past that, it deserves some reflection!

What does the snail cream packaging say it's good for?! (other than Biro's youthful face and gastropodal tendencies)

And you got ULTRA snail cream, too! More snails than ever!

I don't know! Everything else is written in Chinese.

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
I've discovered that my natural inclination to be "tight as Dick's hat band" runs smack dab in to our need to stock up on groceries. My Scottish heritage I guess. Anyway, our small rural country has yet to have a case of Covid-19. Maybe all these rednecks around here aren't so dumb after all.

Irwin

Ugh, guess I gotta cover the gray myself now with boxed hair dye. My poor husband looks like Mr. Muffin Head after the home haircut I gave him the other day.

Yeah, I was wondering how people were getting haircuts these days. I'm in need of one and I might have to get my wife to cut mine. It's either that or risk my life going to Great Clips. I guess a third option is just to let it grow and put it in a ponytail.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
A baby snail reduced a whole bunch of my kale seedlings to stalks. Luckily I had good germination and noticed in time, so I still have plenty potted on. We will have greens.

Users who are viewing this thread