Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Coronavirus related conversation (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Istine

Staff member
Global Moderator
China bans movement of people.
Italy bans movement of people and shuts down many 'non-essential' businesses.
USA bans travel from European Schengen area....................................................

UK trims interest rates.

Sounds like keep calm ... and get sick.

Irwin

After kicking myself for rolling my 401K into an IRA last year, just before another big rally, it now looks like it wasn't such a bad move. My investment strategy is generally to buy high and sell low, which hasn't worked out all that well for my portfolio, such as it is. Now it looks like it was a good move. :)

Irwin

On the lighter side of the novel coronavirus pandemic, Trump met with Brazil's dictator a few days ago along with other officials from the dictator's administration--one of whom has tested positive for the virus. Trump must be scared to death! :)

KenTR

On the lighter side of the novel coronavirus pandemic, Trump met with Brazil's dictator a few days ago along with other officials from the dictator's administration--one of whom has tested positive for the virus. Trump must be scared to death! :)

He's in a high risk group. But I'd be willing to bet he's more scared of bad polling numbers, Nancy Pelosi, and the possibility that his next bucket of KFC won't be hot enough.

Biro

He's in a high risk group. But I'd be willing to bet he's more scared of bad polling numbers, Nancy Pelosi, and the possibility that his next bucket of KFC won't be hot enough.
Why would he be scared. He and the others will get a big fat pension whereas you will get??????????

KenTR

Why would he be scared. He and the others will get a big fat pension whereas you will get??????????

I'll get the virus and a big fat medical bill.

On another related topic, I think it's sad that it takes a global pandemic to get the American media to stop it's nonsense and here's why: this morning one of the first news stories I saw was that Tom Hanks has tested positive. Oh no! Say it isn't so! Not Tom Hanks!!!

To the media's credit, however, I have not yet seen that story repeated. It's just one of many. Now, if this had been a normal newsday, and Mr. Hanks had fallen and chipped a tooth or something, that's all we'd hear for weeks. But it seems to have slipped through the cracks because there are more important things to report.

On the other hand, several posts on Facebook have reported that people who have died from the virus are apparently rising from the dead to infect the living. A pandemic and a zombie apocalypse all in one! Thankfully, Kim Kardashian and Justin "Has He Been Found Dead In A Hotel Room Yet?" Bieber have been frozen and shot into space so that if and when this is all over those that remain may once again grovel at their feet and worship their awesome pointlessness.

Biro

I'll get the virus and a big fat medical bill.

On another related topic, I think it's sad that it takes a global pandemic to get the American media to stop it's nonsense and here's why: this morning one of the first news stories I saw was that Tom Hanks has tested positive. Oh no! Say it isn't so! Not Tom Hanks!!!

To the media's credit, however, I have not yet seen that story repeated. It's just one of many. Now, if this had been a normal newsday, and Mr. Hanks had fallen and chipped a tooth or something, that's all we'd hear for weeks. But it seems to have slipped through the cracks because there are more important things to report.

On the other hand, several posts on Facebook have reported that people who have died from the virus are apparently rising from the dead to infect the living. A pandemic and a zombie apocalypse all in one! Thankfully, Kim Kardashian and Justin "Has He Been Found Dead In A Hotel Room Yet?" Bieber have been frozen and shot into space so that if and when this is all over those that remain may once again grovel at their feet and worship their awesome pointlessness.

Yeah but have they got any toilet roll?

Phil Istine

Staff member
Global Moderator
You all thought the bees had died, didn't you?

On another note, I haven't heard anyone complain about Muslim women covering their faces recently.

Biro

That could be because they are dropping faster than rain drops out there. Mass graves in Iran. Being as they wear veils and arent allowed to intermingle with others isnt doing them much good.

I suspect that the real total of deaths is being covered up in many countries.

Last edited:

escorial

WF Veterans
I've often thought how important the NHS is to the UK and the aparthy towards it by the publlic over the years while the Government has put money before health.......

andrewclunn

Friends of WF
Can't trust Iranian or Chinese numbers. Italian numbers look FAR worse. The only cheerful views on this seems to be the almost universally wishing and hoping that the leaders, celebrities, or figures and such from whatever group(s) someone doesn't like contract the disease. This has shown me that the notion of putting aside squabbles or narrative gamesmanship for dealing with real problems is not something the vast majority of people are capable of, and I'd be a fool to throw in my lot with larger modern society. Glad I've stocked up well before this became mainstream. Probably won't be able to avoid this due to my daughter's age making her such a likely vector for exposure from peers. I think I'm just disgusted enough that I'll be just fine with watching the world burn at this point. Humanity finally broke me from my hope and respect for them. It's for me and mine now, and it wasn't fear of the virus, or supply chain break down, or economic depression that got to me. It's the casual and callous hatred and desire for the suffering of others as a bright spot clung to by nearly ever faction that seems to want to rule in hell rather than serve in heaven. We aren't worth saving.

Biro

Can't trust Iranian or Chinese numbers. Italian numbers look FAR worse. The only cheerful views on this seems to be the almost universally wishing and hoping that the leaders, celebrities, or figures and such from whatever group(s) someone doesn't like contract the disease. This has shown me that the notion of putting aside squabbles or narrative gamesmanship for dealing with real problems is not something the vast majority of people are capable of, and I'd be a fool to throw in my lot with larger modern society. Glad I've stocked up well before this became mainstream. Probably won't be able to avoid this due to my daughter's age making her such a likely vector for exposure from peers. I think I'm just disgusted enough that I'll be just fine with watching the world burn at this point. Humanity finally broke me from my hope and respect for them. It's for me and mine now, and it wasn't fear of the virus, or supply chain break down, or economic depression that got to me. It's the casual and callous hatred and desire for the suffering of others as a bright spot clung to by nearly ever faction that seems to want to rule in hell rather than serve in heaven. We aren't worth saving.

They say this is affecting the old and ill greatly. As if those people do not have enough to trouble themselves with.

Europe is now the worlds hotspot and its getting worse and will be greatly worse I think. I remember when people raised the points of disease problems when those who spouted about and championed 'open borders' and 'free movement'. They said this kind of thing would never happen. Well it has and people have died and will die because of such. How did humans manage to survive this long? They are so stupid.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Our town is now in lockdown before the dreaded Cv has arrived. Now we stay at home or only go to sit on the cliff tops in the car to see the sunset. No social interaction. Thank God we live on the edge of nowhere. Unlike Boris, Portugal is not waiting to see what happens. We have all seen what has happened in Italy, France and now Spain. A friends daughter was kicked off a campsite because Corona had arrived there and told to leave ... go home. I don't think some people appreciate how serious this is. Stay safe everyone.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Seems like now there is no conversation that doesn't include the damned bug. The way the hysteria has gone viral leaves even the idea of physical outbreak gasping to catch up.

JohnCalliganWrites

I'm looking forward to reading about this when it is all over if I don't die. Our governor (Ohio) was on Fox News today saying they believe 1% of people in the state are carrying the virus. I was the sickest I have ever been last week so hopefully I had it already and I'm not just going to get something worse in a few weeks lol.

For the worst two days, I couldn't read or play video games. I'm on the sofa watching documentaries about Kung Fu movies and famous power lifters and shit. I'm watching anime. I'm watching Star Trek the Next Generation. Sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread