Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Communicate if Your Government Shuts Off Your Internet (Wired.com article) (1 Viewer)

Scarlett_156

I thought this was really good information, so I thought I would put it here:

Communicate if Your Government Shuts Off Your Internet - Wired How-To Wiki

Scenario: Your government is displeased with the communication going on in your location and pulls the plug on your internet access, most likely by telling the major ISPs to turn off service.
This is what happened in Egypt Jan. 25 prompted by citizen protests, with sources estimating that the Egyptian government cut off approximately 88 percent of the country's internet access. What do you do without internet? Step 1: Stop crying in the corner. Then start taking steps to reconnect with your network. Here’s a list of things you can do to keep the communication flowing.

For your edification and enjoyment.

~~ yours in Chaos, Scarlett

KangTheMad

The funny thing is this is on the, you know, internet. ;)

But an interesting article anyhow. I'm so glad they mentioned the phone.